Author Topic: Need help id'ing this knife please?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline NorIDhunter

• Senior Survivalist
Need help id'ing this knife please?
« on: October 04, 2012, 06:20:53 AM »
I was poking around in the cutlery at the thrift store next to where I work and found this unusual critter. The front half of the blade is serrated and there's no markings of any kind on it except fpr what looks like a torch on the handle medallion.

Any clues? Not really "too" important as I only paid a quarter for it but just wondering.
Thanks!

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
Re: Need help id'ing this knife please?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 04:41:35 PM »
It's a standard Forked Knife. 

Basically, you'll be cutting something.  That something must be held, be it with a hand or another implement.  The Forked Knife allows you to pick up the slices and move/transfer them from one point to another (such as from a cutting board to a plate or platter) without having to drop the knife and pick up the slice with your hand or get another fork.

You can use it for meat, fruits, bread, whatever. 

As to the logo?  It could be anybody.  Is there anything on the blade that might hint at it's origins?  Country? Foreign language? Symbols?

The Professor

Offline joeinwv

• The Bee Whisperer
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 06:00:37 PM »
Cheese knife - cut it with the knife, then stab it with the fork part so you may politely serve.

Offline NorIDhunter

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 04:57:09 AM »
Thanks for the responses about the purpose/use, was hoping that someone might know the manufacturer too.
A couple of months ago I found a Henckles chef's knife that retails for about $150 locally for 50 cents !!  8) and was maybe hoping for another "score".
Oh well, I 'll keep looking, it's the fun of the hunt not just the thrill of the find.  ;D