Author Topic: How to keep clip from catching on everything I sit in?  (Read 2744 times)

Offline ChrisFox

• Survivalist Mentor
How to keep clip from catching on everything I sit in?
« on: June 13, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »
I keep a knife clipped on the inside of my pocket so it has a small part sticking out. Whenever I stand up from a chair or get out of a car it's always catching on everything in sight. I've broken more clips and has me thinking of going towards a sheath but I do like just having it clipped to my pocket for quick deployment.

Offline bartsdad

• Scrooge McDuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.
    • SPAMMY Link
Re: How to keep clip from catching on everything I sit in?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:12:12 AM »
Is it the end of the clip that is sticking out too far and catching? If so, a little bending of the tip may remedy the situation.

Offline kenser321

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 07:29:48 AM »
Stop wearing tight pants. I wear baggy jeans and uniforms mostly and I never have a problem. My guess is that when you sit down your leg is pushing the clip off of your pants.

Offline blademan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Ask the next question
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 07:39:43 AM »
Ah, the classic clip snag problem. I have often suffered from this situation. The advice above to wear looser clothes will indeed help. You could also slide the knife forward in your pocket so that its not in the place where it usually gets in the way. This isn't the best solution is primarily for getting out of a car. Myself, I am a larger fellow and I think that the cause of most of the problem that I experience. If its the same with you, you have a few options, or even if you aren't a larger guy. One, like you said, get a belt sheath. Two don't sit in such small things, or if there is no option, sit more on the edge of you seat instead of aall the way back, I have used this method a lot and it works pretty well. Or and I have tried this method and it works pretty well also, I lost some wieght and now I fit in seats that were uncomfortable or impossible before. I also noticed less knife snagging when I lost weight.
   There might be something to the suggestion about bending the clip but that might render it usless too. Hope this helps.