Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Advice For Beginners

How Many Magazines to Have?

(1/3) > >>

Heavy G:
We all know high capacity magazines, especially for ARs and AKs, will be banned when Obama takes office.

We should all stock up--but how many?  I don't want to go nuts and spend money that could go to other prepping on having more magazines than I need.

How many mags do you recommend having?

kaiservontexas:
10 is the conservative estimate for how much to have on hand for rifles. 5 is the recommendation for handguns. After that add what you can as you can without going nuts. I personally went this route and have much more then just 10 or 5 depending on firearm. I do not know if it is cheaper to go that route, but it spreads the cost out over time, which does not detract from any other goals.

DeltaEchoVictor:

--- Quote from: Heavy G on October 25, 2008, 08:09:59 AM ---We all know high capacity magazines, especially for ARs and AKs, will be banned when Obama takes office.

We should all stock up--but how many?  I don't want to go nuts and spend money that could go to other prepping on having more magazines than I need.

--- End quote ---

As many as you can get your hands on without going broke. 

Worse case scenario & the AWB is reestablished, they'll probably triple in value & you can sell them for more than you paid for them.  Even if they don't triple, the cost will go up & you'll already have a healthy stash to tide you over.  I know it sounds ridiculous now, but I know around here we were paying $30 to $50 just for a GI mag, when you could find them.  I'm in a small town though & there was a time when hi-cap mags were hard to come by.

CTF250:
Bushmaster, DPMS and Rock River -20 each
Sig 229 in 40 SW -6
S&W M&P 9mm   -6
Ruger 10/22       -4

Sig Mosquito s

ElyasWolff:

--- Quote from: Heavy G on October 25, 2008, 08:09:59 AM ---We all know high capacity magazines, especially for ARs and AKs, will be banned when Obama takes office.
--- End quote ---
Duh
Dont forget to vote for other pro-gun folks becides the prez!

--- Quote from: Heavy G on October 25, 2008, 08:09:59 AM ---We should all stock up--but how many?  I don't want to go nuts and spend money that could go to other prepping on having more magazines than I need.

--- End quote ---

10 per fighting rifle and 5-6 per handgun.
I like 6 for a handgun. 3 for range and 3 for carry, that would be 2 in the mag pouch and 1 in the gun for range or carry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version