Author Topic: Operation gridlock - Michigan - citizens block roads around capital  (Read 1587 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran

It’s funny but I had pegged Michigan as a potential state to move to other than the cold. Tennessee is my current favorite though far from where I live. Anyway, it appears citizens are blocking roads around the capital using their cars and so on. I am posting the infowars link because my phone is having a hard time bringing up other sites with my lousy web connection

I think there is drone footage on YouTube as well but my phone is not loading it

https://www.infowars.com/lockdown-backlash-begins-angry-crowd-surrounds-capitol-demands-michigan-governor-reopen-economy/

On Wednesday afternoon, massive crowds, organized by a conservative group, have surrounded Michigan’s state Capitol building. Protestors are angry at Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s (D) stay-at-home public health order during the pandemic.

WWJ Newsradio 950’s Charlie Langton said organizers are calling the movement “Operation Gridlock.” Langton tweeted a video of a traffic jam of protestors that “extends for miles outside Lansing,” waiting to get to the Capitol.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
Re: Operation gridlock - Michigan - citizens block roads around capital
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 06:04:47 AM »

Zero hedge article says:

Some protestors were dressed in body armor, wielding AR-15s.

More views of people with body armor and weapons at the steps of the Capitol.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 01:25:27 PM »
Whitmer really blew it.  She is vying to be Biden's running mate and wanted to come off as a decisive executive.  But her ultra-authoritarian decisions were just plain cooky and people think she is nuts now. 

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 06:46:56 AM »
Weren't there right wing people saying a few years ago that people should be able to run over those that block traffic?  Or was that just crypto language for "i should be allowed to hurt people i disagree with?"

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 09:13:24 AM »
Weren't there right wing people saying a few years ago that people should be able to run over those that block traffic?  Or was that just crypto language for "i should be allowed to hurt people i disagree with?"

These stayed in their cars, so they were on the road in their cars  --  cant run over them that way

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 09:30:56 AM »
My intent in the ditto post wasn't to show my support for or against the event, but as a documentation of our state of affairs.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 11:42:25 AM »
These stayed in their cars, so they were on the road in their cars  --  cant run over them that way

Conservatives stay in cars, liberals get out in the street, does that seem like a trend ?

Offline Prepper456

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 02:51:58 PM »
Conservatives stay in cars, liberals get out in the street, does that seem like a trend ?

did they poll or question each car?