Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The Airgun Board

Benjamin Pump Air Rifles...

<< < (3/4) > >>

brisco:
I was one on those people who shunned air rifles for hunting for years until the cost of ammo pushed me to invest in one for plinking to keep my skills in check. I have taken more small game (rabbits, squirrels, doves, etc..) that with all my other rimfire rifles and shotguns combined for an ammo cost next to nothing. This Benjamin 392 .22 cal. has over 1500 rds thru it and still is a tack driver at 35-40 yards. Best gun investment I've ever made.

Juggernaut:

--- Quote from: brisco on June 29, 2009, 03:28:41 PM ---I was one on those people who shunned air rifles for hunting for years until the cost of ammo pushed me to invest in one for plinking to keep my skills in check. I have taken more small game (rabbits, squirrels, doves, etc..) that with all my other rimfire rifles and shotguns combined for an ammo cost next to nothing. This Benjamin 392 .22 cal. has over 1500 rds thru it and still is a tack driver at 35-40 yards. Best gun investment I've ever made.

--- End quote ---

sweet! whats the optimal range on your airgun? and are those ammo pouches beside it?

brisco:
Juggernaut, The 392 is good out to about 40 yards. For me that is plenty of range for the small critters since I almost never take a shot much over 25 yards. I was going to get the .20 cal version (the original caliber for this rifle), but have found that the .22 pellet is easier to find where I live. And yea those are 200 rnd pellet belt cases. I have standard pellets in one and heavier hunting pellets in the other (that's why I have them numbered). Later, B.

Juggernaut:
cool Brisco! thats the rifle I want to get. the 22 cal. Its wierd, some places I go, they have 20 cal and 177 but no 22.. and others have 22 but no 20.

brisco:
Juggernaut, Wish you lived closer I'd let ya take it out for a test fire. These are good quality air rifles and pretty tough. As you can see mine has a scope that uses a special three piece mount which really helps with my accuracy. Did have a williams peep sight installed and it worked very well, but I'm now attached to the scope. I put the sling swivels in myself which is nice when you are out in the field. The sling is for an M1 Carbine and works great. Oh and yes with the sling adjusted out you can still pump the rifle without detaching it. Good luck and happy shooting! Later, B.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version