Author Topic: Goatdog's Project 505  (Read 200099 times)

Goatdog62

Re: Goatdog's Project 505
« Reply #450 on: June 08, 2011, 04:39:46 PM »
Looking good!  Thanks for the updates.  Like everyone else said, I can't wait to see the thread on your BOD

I'll get to it after my trip.

homeshow

« Reply #451 on: June 08, 2011, 05:21:59 PM »
ave fun!!!

Offline Remman

• Survivor
  • Forty Deuce
« Reply #452 on: September 01, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
Great BOV!  I've been working on my Titan slowly, but nothing close to yours.

Goatdog62

« Reply #453 on: September 02, 2011, 12:10:40 AM »
Great BOV!  I've been working on my Titan slowly, but nothing close to yours.

Thanks. I'm sure you'll do a great job.

homeshow

« Reply #454 on: September 11, 2011, 10:05:32 AM »
Picked out my project make and model.  Going old school. Jeep Wagoneer  70's model w/ diesel power plant.  Posi rear, air locker transfer case, Posi front, front and rear winch mount, wireless winch 5 ton class,  rear bumper with swing out gas. Can racks, modified roof rack for spare, cb, short wave, etc. 

Goatdog62

« Reply #455 on: September 11, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »
Picked out my project make and model.  Going old school. Jeep Wagoneer  70's model w/ diesel power plant.  Posi rear, air locker transfer case, Posi front, front and rear winch mount, wireless winch 5 ton class,  rear bumper with swing out gas. Can racks, modified roof rack for spare, cb, short wave, etc.

Can't wait to see it. I ordered a 5x8 cargo trailer with a lot of options to make my BOT...BugOut Trailer. Stay tuned.

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #456 on: September 14, 2011, 12:46:06 PM »
How did you make out with your "Maine Coast" trip?? I was over that way last week and I just happened to think of "GoatDog's RV trip".

Goatdog62

« Reply #457 on: September 14, 2011, 05:42:03 PM »
How did you make out with your "Maine Coast" trip?? I was over that way last week and I just happened to think of "GoatDog's RV trip".

I loved it! Did the coast up and back. Bar Harbor is a great area and Acadia was simply stunning. We climbed the toughest trail up Cadillac and it was worth it.

Offline WVMan73

• Senior Survivalist
  • Montani Semper Liberi
« Reply #458 on: September 15, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »
Can't wait to see it. I ordered a 5x8 cargo trailer with a lot of options to make my BOT...BugOut Trailer. Stay tuned.

I just got done reading this whole thread and am really impressed! And now you're starting on the BOT???  :o Oh the humanity... My mind will expload from all the ideas you've already got bouncing around in it, and now a BOT? YIKES!!!!  :excited:

OK, I'm officially hooked! I'll stay tuned, same thread, same channel.  :popcorn:

WVMan73

Goatdog62

« Reply #459 on: September 15, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »
I just got done reading this whole thread and am really impressed! And now you're starting on the BOT???  :o Oh the humanity... My mind will expload from all the ideas you've already got bouncing around in it, and now a BOT? YIKES!!!!  :excited:

OK, I'm officially hooked! I'll stay tuned, same thread, same channel.  :popcorn:

WVMan73

Cool WV! I plan to document it here. Hopefully take delivery on the 23rd.

Offline Johnnyrocco

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #460 on: October 09, 2011, 01:31:46 PM »
Hello Goatdog and all TSPers following this thread.

I know I should make my way to the intro thread for my first post and will do so for my next post.
Just thought it was fitting to start here, as it was Goatdog and 505 that made me stop my lurking.

My desire to stay in the shadows of a new to me forum for a little longer was over ridden by my urge to tell you (Goatdog) how inspired I am by you and your 4runner.

I have an 88 4runner that has been begging me for attention for a while now and as soon as my friends VW is finished in my garage, I will be returning to work on that long overdue project.

Anyway... Inspired, motivated, and awed! I hope to one day attain a small fraction of your level of preparedness.

John

P.S. Patiently awaiting more Steel Resolve!

Goatdog62

« Reply #461 on: October 09, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »
Hello Goatdog and all TSPers following this thread.

I know I should make my way to the intro thread for my first post and will do so for my next post.
Just thought it was fitting to start here, as it was Goatdog and 505 that made me stop my lurking.

My desire to stay in the shadows of a new to me forum for a little longer was over ridden by my urge to tell you (Goatdog) how inspired I am by you and your 4runner.

I have an 88 4runner that has been begging me for attention for a while now and as soon as my friends VW is finished in my garage, I will be returning to work on that long overdue project.

Anyway... Inspired, motivated, and awed! I hope to one day attain a small fraction of your level of preparedness.

John

P.S. Patiently awaiting more Steel Resolve!

Been on an "Away" trip and plan to get back to working on the Bugout Trailer by next week. Glad to hear you are inspired.

505 gets a new timing belt, water pump, coolant flush, and transmission flush tomorrow. Just scheduled maintenance stuff...no issues to cause this work (it is a Toyota after all). Then a wash and wax to prep her for winter.

Steele Resolve has been done over a year now. I just am not happy with it and won't release until I am, if I ever am. Working on another already.

Offline Nadir_E

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Win some, learn some.
« Reply #462 on: October 10, 2011, 12:10:09 PM »
Been on an "Away" trip and plan to get back to working on the Bugout Trailer by next week. Glad to hear you are inspired.

505 gets a new timing belt, water pump, coolant flush, and transmission flush tomorrow. Just scheduled maintenance stuff...no issues to cause this work (it is a Toyota after all). Then a wash and wax to prep her for winter.

Steele Resolve has been done over a year now. I just am not happy with it and won't release until I am, if I ever am. Working on another already.

Well there's a load of good and bad news in that post! :-/  Glad to hear things are moving along with the trailer and that 505 hasn't been kicked to the curb (as often happens in the 4x world when someone 'completes' their project vehicle), but really sad to hear that about Steele Resolve.  Here's hoping by placing it on the back-burner for a bit, your subconscious figures out what you feel is missing so it can see the light of day.   

Goatdog62

« Reply #463 on: October 11, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »
Well there's a load of good and bad news in that post! :-/  Glad to hear things are moving along with the trailer and that 505 hasn't been kicked to the curb (as often happens in the 4x world when someone 'completes' their project vehicle), but really sad to hear that about Steele Resolve.  Here's hoping by placing it on the back-burner for a bit, your subconscious figures out what you feel is missing so it can see the light of day.

Also did the plugs and serpentine belt...then oil/filter today. I can think of nothing that 505 is due for right now other than a good waxing. 505 will be mine, then one of my offsprings, for many year to come.

The bugout trailer gets wired next.

Steele Resolve may need a re-write of its last 1/3. I hoped not but it seems inevitable if I want to be proud of it.

Offline Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
« Reply #464 on: October 12, 2011, 07:03:58 AM »
I'm  a very patient man, I've waited this long for Steel resolve, I can wait a few more weeks ;)   ;D ;D

Offline A Pirate

• Prepper
  • Loose lips sink ships
« Reply #465 on: February 13, 2012, 07:54:21 PM »
Awesome truck goatdog, have you considered adding a snorkel at all? To me it is a simple cheap ad on and it would be a shame to have that bad mambja go down due to a cheap add on. I have seen some bad floods in both the tropics and the desert and I would like to read what you have to say. Thanks.

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
« Reply #466 on: February 13, 2012, 10:15:56 PM »
I'm back, and glad to see your vehicle so thoroughly tricked out.

While working on the trailer, keep in mind some of us locals have TIG welders, so long as you have a 220 outlet ;-)

Goatdog62

« Reply #467 on: February 14, 2012, 05:07:46 AM »
Trailers 2/3rds done. Started organizing pics this past weekend. New posting soon.

Debated snorkel, still not convinced.

Goatdog62

« Reply #468 on: February 21, 2012, 07:57:09 PM »
I'm back, and glad to see your vehicle so thoroughly tricked out.

While working on the trailer, keep in mind some of us locals have TIG welders, so long as you have a 220 outlet ;-)

Thanks, and I do have both internal and external 220. I, after I complete some other stuff, may need some welding. I might take you up sometime this summer. Thanks Rion

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #469 on: February 26, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »
No problem. Give me a couple days heads up so I can be sure to have a fresh argon tank ready to roll.

Behold, the power of Beer.

Offline ICBM99

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • My Liberty and Life
« Reply #470 on: March 14, 2012, 10:49:23 AM »
Love the project, simply awesome.  Eventually want to do something similar, but to an older Toyota.  I wonder if Toyota made a 4runner with a diesel for the US.  Off to the interwebs.

Goatdog, how's the trailer coming, I didn't see a new thread, and I don't see any updates since last month.  8)

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #471 on: March 15, 2012, 09:59:03 PM »
I now have access to a plasma cutter (CNC) and some more shop equipment, GD... let your imagination run free ;)

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #472 on: March 15, 2012, 11:18:23 PM »
I now have access to a plasma cutter (CNC) and some more shop equipment, GD... let your imagination run free ;)
Sounds like my kinda party. Ill bring the leather gloves and helmet. :)

endurance

« Reply #473 on: March 16, 2012, 06:30:23 AM »
Sounds like my kinda party. Ill bring the leather gloves and helmet. :)
I'll bring the gimp.

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #474 on: March 20, 2012, 12:03:01 PM »
Lol. I still need a lathe and a rotary table, though... but I'll be turning out some nice little AR uppers soon.

*ponders*

wonder how successful a folded-steel lower kit for an AR might be...

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #475 on: March 20, 2012, 08:12:52 PM »
Lol. I still need a lathe and a rotary table, though... but I'll be turning out some nice little AR uppers soon.

*ponders*

wonder how successful a folded-steel lower kit for an AR might be...

So will a G0602 work for ya - no rotary table yet

Offline ncjeeper

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #476 on: March 20, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »
I have a 13x40 lathe. :D I cant make space shuttle parts with it, but besides that its decent.

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #477 on: March 25, 2012, 10:48:35 AM »
What's the ID on the headstock? if it's  1 1/2" or so, then I can make barrels on it! And turn all the bolt blanks for 12 receivers in about two hours.

How far are you from VA beach?

Offline ncjeeper

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #478 on: March 25, 2012, 11:32:15 AM »
ID will handle up to 1.5".
Looks like its about a 6 hour drive from your place to mine.

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #479 on: March 25, 2012, 02:34:03 PM »
How about we go halvsies on gas, I build you an upper, and you bring your lathe up here in the back of your NC Jeep?

It's not THAT heavy...

(yes, I know, I have a 3-axis mill... *facepalm*)

Would you be interested in making some parts? So as to not further hijack the thread, PM me, and I'll send you a drawing or two.