Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Fiction and Non-Fiction Books/Magazines

299 Days: The 17th Irregulars (Book Six) - book discussion [SPOILER ALERT]

<< < (7/7)

Hootie:

--- Quote from: cheryl1 on October 16, 2013, 08:26:30 AM ---Sure hope the collapse doesn't happen before book 7 is released. It's going to be a giant PIA to travel cross country after SHTF to track down Glen and find out how the book ends. ????

--- End quote ---

+1
to be honest that was my biggest concern during the Gov Shut Down. I am not prepared to be left hanging with just book 6... I mean, if the gas prices spike and trucks stop delivering shipments, how am I going to get book 7?   ???

backwoods_engineer:

--- Quote from: cheryl1 on October 16, 2013, 08:26:30 AM ---Sure hope the collapse doesn't happen before book 7 is released. It's going to be a giant PIA to travel cross country after SHTF to track down Glen and find out how the book ends. ????

--- End quote ---

Yep.  As Glen is wont to say, "This s**t is [getting] real."

Rangeboss:
I was just reading about near riots, fights and thefts that occurred this week when the food stamp E.B.T. system went down for a few HOURS. Not days. It was immediate chaos. Think what would happen with just a failure of that system for a few days? Not sure many store would go unscathed, if not a few burned to the ground. Jack has said it before and the worl keeps proving him right, "You dont need a total collapse for things to get really bad, really fast".

RuggedCyclist:
A few chapters in, a song called "Young" by Hollywood Undead is mentioned, and I am absolutely incredibly amazed that this middle aged upscale suburban government employee author even knows of the existence of this freaking band. I always thought only 14-17 year old white kids living in poverty stricken regions with widespread drug problems had ever heard of them. Seriously though, what an incredible touch. He obviously has a teenage daughter. There's no other way an old guy could throw that in there. It's so accurate because that's exactly what a 16 year old girl would listen to on her iPod especially back when these were written and it's so fitting for a collapse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version