Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Fiction and Non-Fiction Books/Magazines

299 Days: The Collapse (Book Two) - book discussion [SPOILER ALERT]

<< < (18/21) > >>

Heavy G:

--- Quote from: Project X on October 13, 2012, 10:34:57 PM ---
Heavy, in book two you used the phrase "9/11 times a hundred"  did you come up with this your own or did you steal it from the movie Team America?  I read that phrase and just busted out laughing. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZcZ6eJoxeE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

--- End quote ---

Ha!  I just made that phrase up; I had no idea it was in a movie. 

To address your speculation about Patriots and Special Forces Ted.... nah, I won't address it and spoil things.

And Manda plugging Nancy.... not gonna spoil nuthin'.  Let me put it this way: Manda hates podiatrists. 

Alan Georges:
Finished #2 last night. Can. Not. Wait. for #3.  But I guess I'm gonna.

About Grant leaving Lisa and the kids... been in similar situations several times with the kids and the ex when hurricanes threatened.  Each time there were exactly zero good options.  Can't second guess Grant for what he did, but it was gut-wrenching to read it nevertheless.

Glad the kids are grown and those days are over.

backwoods_engineer:
Alan, didn't you just love that ending, with the sound of Lisa's SUV crunching the gravel, coming up the road to Pierce Point?  That is just pure joy and elation, right there, distilled down into a sentence.  Good work, G!

Alan Georges:

--- Quote from: backwoods_engineer on October 16, 2012, 11:53:16 AM ---Alan, didn't you just love that ending, with the sound of Lisa's SUV crunching the gravel, coming up the road to Pierce Point?  That is just pure joy and elation, right there, distilled down into a sentence.  Good work, G!

--- End quote ---
Yeah, that was the perfect cliffhanger ending.  I'll be back for more in November!

Heavy G:

--- Quote from: Alan Georges on October 15, 2012, 08:33:40 PM ---
About Grant leaving Lisa and the kids... been in similar situations several times with the kids and the ex when hurricanes threatened.  Each time there were exactly zero good options.  Can't second guess Grant for what he did, but it was gut-wrenching to read it nevertheless.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Alan.  Many others have said Grant should have forcibly taken Lisa and the kids.  I couldn't see myself doing that in real life.  You are so right that there are exactly zero good options in that situation. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version