Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Fiction and Non-Fiction Books/Magazines

299 Days: The Collapse (Book Two) - book discussion [SPOILER ALERT]

<< < (2/21) > >>

Smurf Hunter:
The only weird part of this book I couldn't reconcile was Lisa.  I understand the normalcy bias and the mechanics of all that, but the introspection of her internal thoughts a little awkward.

This is difficult to articulate, but wondering if anyone else had similar thoughts about Lisa's character?

Jeff NH:

--- Quote from: smurf hunter on September 03, 2012, 06:29:14 PM ---The only weird part of this book I couldn't reconcile was Lisa.  I understand the normalcy bias and the mechanics of all that, but the introspection of her internal thoughts a little awkward.

This is difficult to articulate, but wondering if anyone else had similar thoughts about Lisa's character?

--- End quote ---

Yes. It sure seemed to me that it was taken too far and, leaving the kids because the wife would not leave was also hard to take/believe.

Heavy G:

--- Quote from: Jeff NH on September 03, 2012, 07:45:56 PM ---
Yes. It sure seemed to me that it was taken too far and, leaving the kids because the wife would not leave was also hard to take/believe.

--- End quote ---

The outside thought tells him to go and that everything will be OK.

idelphic:
Man am I behind... I haven't gotten book one yet....soon..very soon...

Smurf Hunter:
Here are my predictions for the next several chapters (starting with book 3)...

1) Too many people show up at the cabin.
a) Matsons (4) + Lisa's parents (2) + chip (1) + team (4) + extras (WAB peeps/Jeanie?).  How many of us have primary houses big enough, let alone a "cabin" ?
b) this throws off Grant's planning

2) Nancy Ringman continues stirring up trouble
a) some aspect of OPSEC was compromised/overlooked
b) the breadth of the POI alert on Grant increases

3) Someone that Grant trusted turns on him

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version