Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Fiction and Non-Fiction Books/Magazines

List of survival magazines and some details. Help wanted here.

(1/5) > >>

Sneak:
I would like to semi-compile a list here and maybe add from your replies and stack them up here if my teeny brain remembers.

This is sort of a must have in mine/your opinion motley assortment.

Here is what I have so far and many of them.
D= In PDF (ebook) or digitized that I have seen (I may have missed some).

*Organic gardening
*Back Home
*Backwoods Home (A must have) (D)? I have a hard copies of most but was able to obtain PDF copies.
*Backwoodsman (A must subscribe to  have)
*Wilderness Way (A must subscribe to have)
*Countryside (A must have)
*Mother Earth News (D)
*Home Power (D)
*Prevention and many Rodale products I like.
*Birds and blooms (my beard is huge and so is my love for birds and bees)

*Poultry, Rabbit and Goat raising magazines (please list some)
*Tractor restoration magazines
*Any other alt energy mags I missed (several)
I leave it like this for now and if I can not edit after this post in a few days than moderator(s) please step in if possible.

We all know that knowledge is power.

New issue out now.

DeltaEchoVictor:
I'll sticky this to the top to see if we can generate some interest.

If you like just post another reply with an updated list, or you can PM a  mod/admin to add to the list you've already created.  We have something like this with survivalist fiction going in The Repository. 

Maybe if enough people chime in on this thread we can compile it into a comprehensive list like we did the books.

The Professor:
There's the online magazine Modern Survival written by the original editor of American Survival Guide.

Were you looking for existing/still published mags or ones from the past, or both?

I can also add in Survive! magazine as one of the no-longer published magazines.

The Professor

Sneak:
It does not matter. I figure this is a long road. Maybe when it's finished (partially) we can add links to subscriptions. These (to me) are like gold coins. I think any gardening books that show veggies will also be in demand, if EMP happens, computerized printing presses and layout grids will be fried! Buy some old production gear for printing if you have money to spare. You just might make some money printing disaster zines with gardening articles. I always liked old press printed books better anyway excluding all our favorites!

PositiveForce:

--- Quote from: The Professor on November 02, 2009, 10:59:37 AM ---There's the online magazine Modern Survival written by the original editor of American Survival Guide.

Were you looking for existing/still published mags or ones from the past, or both?

I can also add in Survive! magazine as one of the no-longer published magazines.

The Professor

--- End quote ---

I was about to mention American Survival Guide. Is that magazine still around? Or has Modern Survival taken it's place?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version