Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Hunting

Coyote Hunting Thread

(1/2) > >>

Heavy G:
We TSPers who hunt 'yotes need a thread to link up for hunts, share info, etc.

I'll start it off. 

I live in western Washington and have been out in my area, which has thick brush, and I've been in eastern Washington, which doesn't.  I think eastern Washington has more 'yotes and longer range views of them, but I can't always get over there.

I use #4 buckshot in thick brush and a scoped bolt-action .223 in eastern Washington.  I have an AR with a red dot sight, which might be for medium ranges in non brush.  Not sure.  I'll see.  Maybe for use around farm houses in eastern Washington where the 'yotes come right up to the calves might be a good use for the AR.

I use a PC2 call and am getting some more.     

I am looking into a Mojo Critter decoy.

Any thoughts or just chimin' in are welcome.

Rom:
Big thumb up on the #4 Buck. I have taken most mine with my Pre-64 Win70 aught-6, but that is usually because we come across them while deer hunting. My uncle has a piece of land featuring an old dried up riverbed, that is now over-grown with trees. It is a great place to call and take yotes with the rifle. I use the buck when we spook one while bird hunting, come across one on the road, and for remote calling (a caller positioned behind the shooter, or a electronic call placed behind the shooter). This will be my first year hunting yotes with an AR platform, so we will see how that goes.

Good thread Heavy.

jetta2337:
.223 Hoya I use for my yotes. Heavy gun but man it is true.
I am an evil yote hunter. I dont hunt for fur I hunt to protect my bank account on hoof along with bounty. So I hunt year around.

Heavy G:

--- Quote from: jetta2337 on May 20, 2009, 02:40:52 PM ---
I am an evil yote hunter. I dont hunt for fur I hunt to protect my bank account on hoof along with bounty. So I hunt year around.

--- End quote ---

Roger that.  Coyotes are vermin--big dog-rats.  They kill calves, fawns, and pets.  I think I'm doing nature a favor whacking them. 

infobomber:
Anyone else get bounties on coyote kills? 

We've got a 50$ bounty here, and its 75$ if you go to the next county. 

I reckon I could make a mess of one with my mosin. 

what about skinning and using the hides?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version