Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Hunting

Elk hunting

(1/2) > >>

joeandmich:
Can anyone recommend a decent guided Elk Hunting company?

Joe

ag2:
For what area?  For Colorado I can recommend Cross Mountain Ranch.

nelson96:
You looking for the trophy or just want to hunt and bag what you can?  If you want a trophy a guide is helpful if you don't have the time and resources to put in to scouting.  Otherwise it's a CRAZY waste of money.

David in MN:
Best meat I've ever eaten. I can't imagine the price per lb, though. From a cost standpoint, you're better off importing Iberico ham.

If you want to do it, start putting in for the tags. It could be a while. I know guys who spend a decade planning this hunt.

Don't want to be rude, but you might do better close to home. If I recall you're a Florida guy and a guided fishing trip might be easier, cheaper, and more rewarding yield. I love venison but I get more meals from perch and crappie.

Elk, bear, bighorn sheep, moose, big cats... A lot of trouble in my opinion.

That said, if you get one in my neck of the woods drop by for 100% organic homegrown applesauce, braised cabbage, and fried elk heart (you provide). That's my favorite meal with venison every year.

nelson96:

--- Quote from: David in MN on February 28, 2014, 09:06:57 AM ---Elk, bear, bighorn sheep, moose, big cats... A lot of trouble in my opinion.
--- End quote ---

Well worth the trouble and cost IMO, but my trip doesn't cost what yours will.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version