Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Hunting

A Good Coyote Hunting DVD?

(1/3) > >>

Heavy G:
Any thoughts out there on a good DVD to get to learn how to hunt coyotes, especially how to use calls?  There are several and I don't want to get a lame one.

jetta2337:
Any Randy Anderson videos. A guy that can call them in anywhere and in any weather. I got Calling All Coyotes and it is great. Goes though and teaches you how to call. Very good and fun just to watch.

TacticalSquirrel:
10-4 on Randy Anderson. His original ones (Before his Primos partnership) shows lots of different brand calls and how he uses them. Once he started with Primos the calls are mostly his designs, but still is applicable to many others. He has a Mastering the Art of Calling or some such DVD that is excellent with information, as Randy and the guys from Primos show examples of various calling techniques while hunting, and show you how to do it while on the porch of the cabin. Very entertaining videos, as he has a unique style where you can tell he's having fun.

Heavy G:
Thanks, guys.  I cashed in an Amazon gift certificate on a couple Randy Anderson DVDs.  I'll let you know how they are.

It's kind of hard to admit I don't know something that I think I should know (hunting) but, hey, learning is the heart of prepping.  I'm not just going to buy some rice and beans and call it a day.  I hope others reading this come to the same conclusion.

TXChikk:

--- Quote from: Heavy G on January 22, 2009, 08:49:11 PM ---Thanks, guys.  I cashed in an Amazon gift certificate on a couple Randy Anderson DVDs.  I'll let you know how they are.

It's kind of hard to admit I don't know something that I think I should know (hunting) but, hey, learning is the heart of prepping.  I'm not just going to buy some rice and beans and call it a day.  I hope others reading this come to the same conclusion.

--- End quote ---

I have come to the same conclusion too about food and heart and I'm having fun. Thank goodness I love rice and beans but there are also other wonderful things to eat and I'm going to eat them!

Good luck on the coyote hunting! I remember you speaking of hunting coyotes in another thread but I don't recall every detail, are you just helping thin the herd (aside from acquiring hunting skills) or are you planning to keep/tan hides etc.? I was curious if their hides were worth saving, I've seen a number of them for sale of late and was wondering about them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version