Farm, Garden and The Land > Live Stock, Critters and Aquaculture

advice on modification and growing duck

(1/1)

The Morgan Hill Homesteading Project:
Hello

I have a total of 6 of these containers, I am using 5 oth them at this time and would consider adding the sixth one in if it was not catching quail poop.

https://heavygardens.com/active-aqua-100-gal-reservoir-53-x53-x13.html?fee=15&fep=8402&utm_source=google-feed&utm_medium=shopping%20feed&utm_campaign=SCFeed&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o2&scid=scplpHGRES100B&sc_intid=HGRES100B&gclid=CjwKCAjw8LTmBRBCEiwAbhh-6CKa5I8t1nyjStl_1Bor_7LQYSNarrAGEo9ltMeqEKASHfgOFO9qRRoC9JQQAvD_BwE

I am doing a ladder system, putting them on top of wooden pallet that I got for free from a farm that I worked at. I am going to drill a 1 inch hole at the bottom  along a flat peirce of the tank so I put a 3 inch long sch 80 nipple on it so I can drain it out safely. 8.34x 100 =834 pounds.

I sent the the website lisen above the following email.

Hello

a freind of mine gave me 6 of these totes. I want to drill a 1 inch hole in the tote to put a 1 inch sch 80 nipple in  it so I can drain the system safly if I have to.

I have sleced this expoy from my local ace hardware store. the associate asked me if I was going to use it for drinking water and I said no. after think about I will be using this system for food so i would rather not have any toxins in the water if at all possible.

please be specific, what kind of plastic are these totes made out of?  I need this information when selecting my epoxy because it has to bond to PVC.

please see attached photos.

thank you

I am wondering how much duck weed I can grow in one of these totes this size. the water would be spring water util the sprig starts going dry then maybe creek water.

The Morgan Hill Homesteading Project:
I forgot photos, see link below

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1HSw8KsDdoN0an7Yg3mpb5D_xAgPn-2MV

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version