Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > The Gear and Tool Review Board

Dynamo Radio

(1/2) > >>

IRKCOD:
Recently acquired 2 of these for inclusion in my kit

Had initially come across them in PNG.   They were originally developed by Trevor Baylis, a UK inventor, who developed them for use in remote African locations.

Have road tested it, and found it works grand.    Should be useful in case of a 'natural' emergency.

The radio includes the following features

1 FM band
2 AM band
3 SW1 - short wave able to receive international transmissions
4 SW2 - short wave able to receive international transmissions
5 LED torch
6 NO BATTERIES required, this is a dynamo operated device. A handle allows you to charge the batteries and will keep the device working for ages.The device working for over 2 hours on a 30 second wind, much more than the manufacturers themselves claim.

Can also be used with batteries or power adaptor

DrGonzo:
Pics?  Links?  Price?

IRKCOD:

Dynamo Radio

NZ$27.95
http://survival-nz.com/images/large/Radio

You may find the same type of Radio on your eBay
 :) :) :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

aslink:
I have one of these as well and it does work great. I know have it in BOB. I used it for a long time as a bathroom radio to listen to news while I showered. It seems due to the SW function of the radio the FM comes in stronger. It's just nice to have something as a backup in case of power outage.

Ken

creuzerm:
It should be noted that you can put batteries in this. It takes 3 of them though - that odd number makes it hard to recharge the batteries.

I listen to the podcast with this radio. I have a FM transmitter jacked into the computer, and turn on the show while I am making lunch.

I have used mine a fair bit. It picked up a 'tick' in the crank, like I busted a tooth in the gearing. I haven't taken it apart yet, but the 'tick' seems to be getting better. It doesn't feel like it's eminently going to break anymore.

I have just two words for it.

LOVE IT!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version