Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > The Gear and Tool Review Board

BEWARE the Blue Rhino brand of Propane Tanks

(1/5) > >>

A Pawn:
I want to warn everone about using Blue Rhino brand 20# propane tanks. I made the mistake of buying my first tank at a local Wal Mart thinking I saved $5 to $6 over other brands available locally.

After I purchased it, I noticed when I got home it wasn't even 20#, but 17#! I chewed myself out and then when to the net. Everything seems to be 'downsized' in the current situation and I wanted to see how long this had been going on.

First, I found out 17# is normal. Then I got educated at a forum at this link:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bbq/msg031613123088.html

Not only is this normal, but Blue Rhino has fixed it so only THEY can refill the tanks. It does no good to try and have it refilled at a local propane dealer or your own bulk tank.  >:(

This just sucks swamp water and I'm taking it back tomorrow for a refund and then buy a another brand. This time with my eyes wide open!

Nuff Said...

archer:
Wow, thanks for the info. I was thinking today of getting a 2nd one for camping/prep when I walked past a Rhino display. What's the cost in your area? A new Rhino was $56 or so.

A Pawn:

--- Quote from: Archer on October 19, 2008, 12:19:50 AM ---Wow, thanks for the info. I was thinking today of getting a 2nd one for camping/prep when I walked past a Rhino display. What's the cost in your area? A new Rhino was $56 or so.

--- End quote ---

Hello Archer...it's $43.88 plus tax. I should have know it was too good to be true...  8)

archer:
$43.88? Nicer than the Bay Area.. Jeesh, I need to move.

DeltaEchoVictor:

Thanks for the heads up btessery. +1

**Edited because of updated content**

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version