Author Topic: Discussion, suggestions, follow up on Russian Martial Arts 1&2  (Read 6101 times)

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
I just posted two videos on Russian Martial Arts in the MSB.  If you have any questions, comments or suggestions post them here.  One thing I want to know about these videos is I posted them in 640x480 size and that made them huge, I am thinking about reducing them to 320 again because I think the download may kill many of the members.

Also do you have specific questions, Tyler is coming back soon to do more so let us know what else you want to see and learn,

Eric

Re: Discussion, suggestions, follow up on Russian Martial Arts 1&2
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 10:50:40 PM »
Tyler seems to be a formidable opponent ;)  For the sake of the demonstration, he seems like a good candidate.  I can't imagine seeing much less fighting someone bigger than him.

Are there methods of practicing we can do without a partner? 

Offline ModernSurvival

• Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 11:01:40 PM »
Sure I will try to get them into the next videos.  The biggest thing is learning to control and at the same time release your arm weight.  The hammer and slapping exercises I did with Tyler are a good start and you can do them with out a partner as well. 

Offline Detrell

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 12:05:44 AM »
I loved the video and the size of it  ;D despite the time it takes to download it.
Downloading the second one now, it looks real easy to practice with buddy.

Keep up the good work Jack.

-Detrell

gutterdog2

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 12:11:18 AM »
For those interested, many Systema vids can be downloaded from many of the mma bittorrent sites. It will require a membership and sharing to maintain a good ratio... and you may need an invite, but they are there. The two I go to often is www.fullcontactzone.com and www.mma-tracker.net , and I know both of these have them available.

Awesome system, when seen in action, it is quite impressive.

As for the size of the vids. I would say that for just info, a smaller size will do, but for intricate things, a larger vid would be needed. In a perfect world, it would be nice to have 2 sizes to grab, one for pc viewing and one for burning to a dvd to watch on the tube.

...and on that subject... personally I wish you'd post wmv and avi's instead of the mp4's. I figure that those with ipods also have the software to convert the files to ipod format, whereas avi's can be burned directly to dvd and watched on a divx compatible dvd player.

just a thought
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:17:25 AM by gutterdog2 »

Offline ModernSurvival

• Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 06:37:17 AM »
...and on that subject... personally I wish you'd post wmv and avi's instead of the mp4's. I figure that those with ipods also have the software to convert the files to ipod format, whereas avi's can be burned directly to dvd and watched on a divx compatible dvd player.

just a thought

I will consider adding the avi format and doing three.  Trust me many iPod folks specifically have asked for mp4

jlauzon

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 11:08:58 AM »
I like the larger format way better, but I have a really fast connection.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 11:12:43 AM »
I like the larger format too, but I like best whatever will allow the most amount of people to access it easier.

Offline smittymojoe

• Prepper
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 05:46:03 PM »
I like the large format of the video and would also like to see them in avi. Keep up the good work Jack.

smitty

selfsufficient

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 09:41:40 AM »
First off, I feel that Jack has done a brilliant job on the presentation of these videos, Alot of the training videos our company buys are to this quality. I also feel that a professionally presented video like these go along way towards improving the image of survivalism, if they all follow this vein in the future, it can only be good for all parties.

Onto the videos, I have always liked systemia but unfortuantely the ability to train in it in Australia is limited and in my area non existant for the time being.
So keep up the good work

Offline bwachob

• Prepper
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 01:05:26 PM »
Great fighting system,  the videos are great as far as I am concerned.

I am in the same situation as selfsufficient,  there is no one locally that teaches systema.

Does anybody know of any good training videos for this system?

Offline ModernSurvival

• Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 01:20:29 PM »
Great fighting system,  the videos are great as far as I am concerned.

I am in the same situation as selfsufficient,  there is no one locally that teaches systema.

Does anybody know of any good training videos for this system?

This is a back end special offer page we use to sell Val's videos.  I will give it to you here with out the accompanying marketing spin/funnel process

http://valriazanov.com/stop.html

Val is the guy that I learned from