News > General News

Surprise Asteroid makes near miss of Earth

(1/4) > >>

archer:
Hmm, we might need a current news forum.
-------------------
From http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,503164,00.html

A small asteroid buzzed by Earth Monday, though only real astronomy geeks in the Pacific would have noticed.

(please click link for full article - post was edited by Alpha Mike, in accordance with DMCA rules and regulations)

BigDanInTX:

--- Quote from: Archer on March 04, 2009, 11:04:12 AM ---Hmm, we might need a current news forum.
--- End quote ---
I had considered this.  Typically, all "news" has been rolled in to political news.  Regular news could be useful...

Done.

Hraz:
I just received my copy of Lucifer's hammer. How timely.

archer:

--- Quote from: Hraz on March 04, 2009, 12:18:40 PM ---I just received my copy of Lucifer's hammer. How timely.

--- End quote ---
Quite timely...

ColdHaven:
And it all comes full circle for me.  :D

Well, from the article I read it should not hit us for another century. So, we have some time. However, according to CNN, the government is tracking a lot of these things and are trying to keep an eye out.

Asteroid passes close to Earth

(CNN) -- You had a close encounter with a 40-yard-wide asteroid this week, but the astronomer who first spotted the large rock said it's nothing to worry about.

An asteroid (inside circle) passed within 38,000 miles of Earth on Monday.

(please click link for full article - post was edited by Alpha Mike, in accordance with DMCA rules and regulations)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version