Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > The Homebrewer's Board

Talking Whisk(e)y

<< < (2/13) > >>

David in MN:
Blue Label and Royal Salute? Expensive taste. Chivas doesn't get the credit that bottle deserves. Interesting that the really old premium blends tend to drift to the light and perfumy rather than the heavy, dark, peaty single malts I tend to prefer. Maybe the heavy stuff just doesn't age well.

My father in law is like that too. Blue Label, Royal Salute, Glenmorangie 18, etc. When I bring him something like Ardbeg or Highland Park he can barely take a sip.

LVWood:
I'm no connoisseur but I like the heavy, dark, single malts.
On the fortified wine front, a good tawny port works for me.

fritz_monroe:

--- Quote from: David in MN on September 14, 2017, 09:58:28 AM ---Blue Label and Royal Salute? Expensive taste.

--- End quote ---

All was FREE.

His good friend was a high roller in Atlantic City.  Brought him back a bottle every time he went.

David in MN:

--- Quote from: LVWood on September 14, 2017, 10:31:19 AM ---I'm no connoisseur but I like the heavy, dark, single malts.
On the fortified wine front, a good tawny port works for me.

--- End quote ---

Long time ago I used to collect/trade vintage ports along with other wines. Noval was always my favorite. These days I'm too cheap to blow money like that but every now and again I'll pick up an LBV for a reasonable price.

mountainmoma:
 ok, I was wrong, the one they all realy like is Bulleit Rye. They like
Makers' Mark, but usually now finds too sweet.

Blanton's Bourbon is also liked, but nothing as much as the Bulleit Rye.

Some around here realy like the Venus Gin #1, dont know if you can get it out of state

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version