Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Show Discussions, Fan Mail and Topic Suggestions

Hospital treatment with Hydroycholorquine

(1/1)

Sick Sticks:
I just thought I would share my experience checking my dad into the hospital ER with a fever and trouble breathing. First off they will only let one person accompany the patient into the hospital so I stayed outside in the car while my mom went in. I told my mom to ask about Hydroycholorquine and got her usual noncommittal response. So I started pulling my own strings. I have a doctor friend in that hospital system so I called her. She sent me a copy of the hospital’s “Guidelines for Management of COVID-19 Positive Patients” (oddly, this document was not to be shared with the public). I was happy to see that the protocol flow chart included administration of Hydroycholorquine. But there was no mention of zinc! What could possibly be the point? I just wanted to mention this to get the word out because if I didn’t have this flowchart I would have thought my father was getting complete and proper treatment. I could see a scenario where people might ask if their loved one is getting Hydroycholorquine and assume that was the zinc ionophore AND THE ZINC.
As always, thanks for what you do, Steve

LvsChant:
Thanks for sharing this, Steve. May I ask what state you are in?

IKN:
I've heard there is Zinc in Hydroycholorquine which is why it shows improvement when used even without Zinc, but seems to work better with Zinc. At least that's my take on the results I've seen.
I'm still somewhat amazed about the reports that some doctors/hospitals are only using the Hydroycholorquine/Zinc treatment for the worst case patients when everything I see points to the "Soon the Better" as far as recovery and/or keeping patients off of respirators.

iam4liberty:
A surgeon friend of mine believes the elderly are most vulnerable to Covid-19 because of zinc deficiency, just like other coronaviruses such as the common cold:. https://www.todaysgeriatricmedicine.com/news/ex_013113.shtml.

Most of the rest probably have sufficient zinc in our systems for hydroxychloroquine to be effective.  A big exception is diabetics, another group highly vulnerable to Covid-19 and who often suffer from zinc deficiency.

But from the initial trials it is clear that zinc is an important part of the treatment equation and Azithromycin also seems to speed up recovery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version