Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Show Discussions, Fan Mail and Topic Suggestions

Cashless society now!

(1/3) > >>

ridge rover:
Not sure where to put this or if it's been properly addressed before but it's our current reality. My job takes me to various  hospitals. A coworker just informed me  they were not taking cash anymore, just cards. That info just blew me away!  Cash money is full of germs!  So I am thinking about New World
Order,  Mark of the Beast, Bible Prophecy, and all that. Hospitals would of course be the first to refuse cash. I have been told they are not the only ones to refuse cash. Shape of things to come or Apacolspe now?

ridge rover:
I forgot to mention it was the hospital cafeteria that refused  to take cash. My friend  did  tell me of another business that refused  green money. 

cmxterra:
Not accepting cash? Guess it is free then. Legal for all debts public and private.

IKN:
I bet it's just a concern of a virus transmission vehicle.

Mr. Bill:

--- Quote from: cmxterra on March 21, 2020, 09:30:38 PM ---Not accepting cash? Guess it is free then. Legal for all debts public and private.

--- End quote ---

https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12772.htm

--- Quote ---Is it legal for a business in the United States to refuse cash as a form of payment?

Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled "Legal tender," states: "United States coins and currency [including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks] are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues."

This statute means that all United States money as identified above is a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor. There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person, or an organization must accept currency or coins as payment for goods or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether to accept cash unless there is a state law which says otherwise.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version