Energy Options > Solar Power

Solar Power Off Grid Near Seattle..

(1/5) > >>

whatmecrazy:
Yes I know it's not your lightsaber Luke, but I don't really care...  No Hydro available, Wind would have to have a 50' + tower...  I am looking at piecing together an ML Solar system with a battery back up with 12 batteries..  Any luck from anyone up there.  I lived in Oly, and Tacoma for 5 years, so yes I know the winters and the beautiful summers...

Cedar:
I know a bunch of people in northern BC who run solar and a 12 battery bank and run more things that I ever imagined. Like welders, big screeen TV etc. Their cookstove is a HUGE wood cookstove (like a 12 burner, never seen anything like it) in the winter, propane in the summer. Washer, dryer, fridge, freezers are propane.

Cedar

whatmecrazy:
CEDAR!!!!!!  How are you!!  it's Keith from Zello....  Awesome news!!  We are looking At Harstine Island to maybe build an off-grid house...

Alan Georges:
Not in the area, but here's a great solar 101 article:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/installing-your-own-small-remote-off-grid-solar-system/
It's getting a little dated on the particular parts, but the fundamentals still apply.  Hope it helps.

Cedar:
KEITH!!! How are you?!? Let me look up a couple YouTubes for you that you might want to really look at. I think this island is in the same area as you are looking at (maybe?) and it is also 100% off-grid for power and water. I am unclear if it is a vacation home or full time residence. It might be a few minutes, but I will look for them now.

Cedar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version