The Survival Podcast Network > Citizens Assisting Citizens

TSP DRT - Requirements and Resource list

<< < (8/8)

CharlesH:
Nitehawg,  Can't ask for more than that.  Good luck.  Things have a way of working out in their own time.  When we look back from the other side of complete, what seemed like a long haul to get there usually wasn't as bad as we thought.

RangerRick:
To save a lot of reply's you might just go to the Red Cross Disaster Supplies list as well as the Homeland Security disaster supply list.
As I have stated earlier, I have been at this for a while and if you can't get down the road due to trees being in the way, a chain saw is a must. You need to be able to make your own drinking water, cook your food ect. While at Katrina, FEMA really made a mess of things and sent groups elsewhere to stage and I was in one of the groups WEST and NORTH of town. When the flood waters came in we were cut off. You will need good topo maps of the area you are going into to see what dangers lie ahead. We were low ground and we got wet. You will need weapons, so make sure you have folks that can do that. Cotton mouth, copperheads and rattlesnakes were everywhere. I did not run into any ,but I heard there were alligator's also, pet dogs will become vicious in short order.. You must think out of the box. You can not believe how big a trailer you need to haul just your stuff if you are going for 2 or 3 weeks to help out.
Most of these missions were from East coast and Gulf  hurricane disasters I have worked over the past few decades.
Best Regards, Rick

AngusBangus:
If you are interested and haven't already, please visit CACTeam.com to sign up and/or donate. We need everyone who is willing. Signing up in no way commits you to any specific disaster response... we aren't the military. If you can't support us with your time or money, please support us with your social capital. That is, go to the website and share it to your social networks (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)

Dillon - Region IV Coordinator

NOTE: I will be posting this across multiple threads within the TSP DRT board to reach the widest audience. I believe this is not outside the forum rules given that this board is dedicated to this specific subject.

Cedar:

--- Quote from: Oniwaban on November 14, 2012, 12:06:42 PM ---First Responder Training is generally available to members of volunteer fire departments. Check with your local fire department. Its a 40 hour classroom course.

--- End quote ---

It has been renamed to be "Emergency Medical Responder" in most states and it is now 60-70 hours of classroom time. Practices and studying for tests on top of that. Just the book costs $110, total cost of my class was $200.

Cedar - who hopes she passes her final practicals tomorrow

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version