The Survival Podcast Network > Citizens Assisting Citizens

TSP DRT - Requirements and Resource list

(1/8) > >>

Hootie:
I am going to start collecting suggestions of courses and resource check list. I am just collecting ideas now, we can prioritize them later. just to get things started....

Courses:
IS-100
IS-700

Resources:
5gal cans of gas
Generator or invert or
Trailer for car
Chain saw

Oniwaban:
I have no intention of bringing a chainsaw to a disaster, there are trained teams that can operate them. Way too much risk of injury for me to consider.
Please allow me to redirect this in a more suitable direction.
Solid pair of boots.
Leather gloves.
Non-Latex gloves.
Long pants.
Safety glasses.
Willingness to Help Others and Work as a Group.
Please try this for a starting point. Instead of chainsaws and trailers.

Mr. Bill:

--- Quote from: Oniwaban on November 13, 2012, 02:00:43 PM ---I have no intention of bringing a chainsaw to a disaster, there are trained teams that can operate them. Way too much risk of injury for me to consider.

--- End quote ---

Suggestion: Every item on this list should be assumed to include the words: "and the knowledge and ability to perform the required tasks correctly and safely."  Because otherwise every item is going to turn into a safety/training argument.

Another suggestion: A separate thread titled something like "TSP DRT worries and concerns, and possible solutions" (or something like that).

Oniwaban:
Mr. Bill, I believe hootie is listing items everyone should be required to have. I have been following his post on the other thread were he was talking about creating a new thread to list items everyone should have at a minimum to be allowed to participate. If im mistaken please let me know. Going to read back now.
After reading the previous posts...Im not sure. Hootie, are you listing personal resources or making suggestions for everyone?

Hootie:
Just generally collecting ideas.

Once we have a good list, then we can ask people to mark what they have for resources. And figure out what our gaps are.

I plan to let someone far smarter than I discuss what is important and what course are more critical. Just want to keep it organized. I will talk with the Mod/Admin where and how to publish this list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version