Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Tech Support and Forum Bugs

My avatar stretched out?

(1/2) > >>

Heavy G:
Does my avatar look all stretched out to you?  It's been doing that on my computer.

DeltaEchoVictor:
Yeah, it's freakin' enormous.

I think one of the admins was screwing around with the avatar settings the other day.  I forget which one it was, but I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  Mine hasn't changed.

Have you tried reducing the size of your pic.

HERE is a free picture resizing tool that I use.  It'll easily shrink your pictures down for avatars or whatever.

Heavy G:
How's it looking now? 

DeltaEchoVictor:

--- Quote from: Heavy G on December 03, 2008, 05:31:34 PM ---How's it looking now? 

--- End quote ---
Much better, but there's still a scroll bar under it.  You might see if you can cut it down to a custom size to eliminate the scroll bar.  It's really not that bad though, up to you.

firetoad:

--- Quote ---I think one of the admins was screwing around with the avatar settings the other day.
--- End quote ---

That was me.  I changed settings that auto resized avatars.  The hard coding of the forum would attach size tags to all images and was causing max or smaller sized avatars to be blown up and pixelated.  It was driving me crazy.  Additionally, I changed the forum settings so that if too large of an avatar was chosen or attempted to be used, it would be rejected until it was resized.  I am not sure what was going on with Heavy G's avatar.  I noticed it after Heavy changed it post me changing some forum settings.  If the avatar was oversized, the forum was supposed to reject it.  Not sure why it wasn't on Heavy G's.  But, it looks as if things are working fine now. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version