Author Topic: Greetings from Gastonia, NC!  (Read 519 times)

SnugInMyPod

Greetings from Gastonia, NC!
« on: January 17, 2009, 08:04:41 PM »
Howdy, Folks!

I was introduced to this Forum and to TheSurvivalPodcast.com by a member of XColony.com and heard more about it from another member here, NC Rifleman.

I am a working-hard, playing-hard, live-and-let-live kind of fellow who has been a default practitioner of Survivalism since my birth nearly 42 years ago.   ;)   I had an on-and-off conscious interest in Survivalism since the early Eighties, and finally I became a conscious practitioner of Survivalism after Hurricane Hugo in 1989.  I've been learning new things and tweaking my preparations ever since.   The next step I wish to take in these "interesting times" is to finally make a move to the country and to broaden my circle of friends and help-mates.

I would love to meet others in the Gaston County/Lincoln County/Catawba County area of NC who share my approach to life and my interest in Survivalism and Preparedness.  And even if you aren't in my immediate area, I am always open to corresponding with and learning from you all.

So, how does that sound for a first post?

:)

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
Re: Greetings from Gastonia, NC!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 09:01:14 PM »
Sounds good. I live in Cleveland County, not too far from you, probably about 30 mins away. Glad to have you on the forums. Its good to know that there are others in my area who survivalists. It is helpful to have friends in your area who you can network with and learn from. NC Rifleman, if I remember correctly, does the Appleseed program. That is something I am interested in doing once I get my preps to a certain level first. Hope to hear more from you on the forums here.

Offline Zombie Axe

• Survivor
Re: Greetings from Gastonia, NC!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 08:01:35 PM »
Welcome friend, glad you came on over... good people here as well! We all ought to get together and talk over a burger someday! Howdy from Lincoln County  ;D