Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

What did you do today to prep...

<< < (5275/5276) > >>

cmxterra:
Stumbled upon 2# of CFEBLK and a 100 count of 220grain freedom pills. Reloading back on the menu for 300 BLK

Bradbn4:
I am planning a trip to the big city (just north of it) - and the stop is next to Cabelas to see if there are any freedom seeds in some of 300 blackout style.
The trip is to pickup some casting equipment and a few molds that I picked up on the used market.    With the molds I can start to grow my own seeds for my slow(er) moving plants.

The 'fun' in the big city is scheduled for this Sat; and my plans are to stay away from that event and counter event.  So warning, Denver CO might not be a fun spot to visit; unless your idea of fun is vastly more different than mine.  Event is around 2pm this Sat (10/10/2020).

cmxterra:

--- Quote from: Bradbn4 on October 09, 2020, 10:50:50 AM ---I am planning a trip to the big city (just north of it) - and the stop is next to Cabelas to see if there are any freedom seeds in some of 300 blackout style.
The trip is to pickup some casting equipment and a few molds that I picked up on the used market.    With the molds I can start to grow my own seeds for my slow(er) moving plants.

The 'fun' in the big city is scheduled for this Sat; and my plans are to stay away from that event and counter event.  So warning, Denver CO might not be a fun spot to visit; unless your idea of fun is vastly more different than mine.  Event is around 2pm this Sat (10/10/2020).

--- End quote ---

If you are going to the Cabela in Owatonna MN then you are out of luck. No 300blk seeds. You gotta roll your own at this point unless you are willing to pay upwards of 3.50 (for the subsonic seeds) That is assuming you can even find any.

Bradbn4:

--- Quote from: cmxterra on October 09, 2020, 01:22:41 PM ---If you are going to the Cabela in Owatonna MN then you are out of luck. No 300blk seeds. You gotta roll your own at this point unless you are willing to pay upwards of 3.50 (for the subsonic seeds) That is assuming you can even find any.

--- End quote ---

Nope - there are two Cabela stores in Colorado - or is it 3.  South Denver / North Denver / Grand Junction.  Also there are a hand full of Bass Pro shops in the local area.  The trip is for 5 molds, furnace, bunch of lead and some odds and ends for casting my own.  If Cabela's has stuff - that will work, but that is not the primary reason to go.  Looking at my supplies I could use a few more boxes of AAC.  I have one mold for that round and about 2k of brass.  I have the right primers and I might have 2 pounds of powder.   Currently the 'fun toy' is configured for 22lr with the other top end collecting dust.

On a fun note, the last Cabela that I drove by was at Owatonna MN.    And yes, I have more than one 'fun toy' that can take on the roll of house protector.   Another seed of freedom I could use, comes from WWII days, M1 Carbine ammo.  And no, only have a reproduction.....

Stwood:
Adding cash'0 to the stash'0  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version