Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

What did you do today to prep...

<< < (3/5276) > >>

Dj Keebz:

--- Quote from: SwampMonster on September 21, 2008, 08:42:26 PM ---Today I took the wife out to shoot the Bushmaster for the first time, she also shot a few boxes of .40 and a half a round of sporting clays. Spent the late afternoon cooking some gumbo to put up for the winter.

Swamp

--- End quote ---
I wish my wife wasn't so scared of the big guns! I got her a BB gun and she is a crack shot on soda cans at 30 feet. I got a Walther P22 for her (she thinks its her's) and she is finally going  to go shoot it soon. I guess she has to crawl before she walks........

Survivor Kid 909:
Learned how to make natural cordage, made fire with bow drill.  Listened to a bunch of Jacks podcasts that I had been kinda avoiding (Don't know why) still got 30 to listen to lol.

spartan:
I received my latest seed order, most of which will get grown in containers over the winter.

2000 peas
200 turnips
250 carrots
385 spinach
385 beets

All have a 75% germination rate so as long as I do my part should have plenty of fresh food for year round.  Though I got a lot of peas, most of those will get planted in my garden, after being treated with an inoculate, to act as a winter ground cover.

SwampMonster:

--- Quote from: Dj Keebz on September 22, 2008, 12:43:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: SwampMonster on September 21, 2008, 08:42:26 PM ---Today I took the wife out to shoot the Bushmaster for the first time, she also shot a few boxes of .40 and a half a round of sporting clays. Spent the late afternoon cooking some gumbo to put up for the winter.

Swamp

--- End quote ---
I wish my wife wasn't so scared of the big guns! I got her a BB gun and she is a crack shot on soda cans at 30 feet. I got a Walther P22 for her (she thinks its her's) and she is finally going  to go shoot it soon. I guess she has to crawl before she walks........

--- End quote ---

It surprised me when she wanted to go last year, I really enjoy shooting with her. However, great words of wisdom, never, never, never, put two 2 3/4 8's then a 3" OO buck......well you know where this is going. She is still cussing me for that.

ColdHaven:
This is for what I did yesterday. I took my Hi-Point 995 and zero-ed the sights. Its alot easier to zero the sights than to zero the damn laser sight. I also spoke at length with both my step-father and my mother about the current economic situation and what has been going on. I spoke to them about how it is imperitive to prepare now. With the stock market almost blowing away in the wind, and banks crumbling we need to prepare now. In all honesty we should have been preparing a decade ago. When I spoke to both of them about it they got the similar look on their face. Not that they weren't listening to me, but it was as if I had told them that their pet had died. I realized that no one wants to hear this stuff beause it makes them think, and it is a bit depressing to think we might have to go through hard times. I am not sure how well they believe me, but they weren't calling me crazy. I think they believe I am worked up over nothing, and what I am hearing has been cooked up by the media (as a side note: I notice that one topic that someone of any political party can agree on is that the Media is evil). Hopefully they do make plans. I told them that at the very least they should get solar paneling so they can run their water pump for their well water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version