Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Overlooked Preps for Ladies

<< < (6/8) > >>

Varginna:
oh you remind me, I/we have bought a sewing machine that's not powered by electricity (the old kind you know) that actually works (they are popular are ornamental but few actually works)

perihelion:

--- Quote from: Varginna on October 05, 2013, 11:24:37 PM ---I have never understood how a "Go-Girl/Lady J female urine diverter" would be practical (it seems sooo unhygienic) unless you would want to pose as a man (I get that in some situations you would want that, atleast i a weary populated area but when you need to do the other thing you need to "sit down" anyway
--- End quote ---

I have the P-Style, which is really easy to clean out with a disinfecting wipe if you don't have soap and water. I keep one in my bug-out bag and one in my glove compartment. I think it's really important. If I only need to pee and have to do so in the woods, on the side of the road, etc., there is NO WAY I would make myself more vulnerable than I have to by pulling my pants and underwear down and squatting. It's also useful if you come upon a particularly gross toilet seat that you don't want to sit on. I hover, personally, but I know not all women can do that.

AvenueQ:

--- Quote from: Varginna on October 06, 2013, 11:40:38 AM ---oh wool clothing is important if you live in a Cold climate too but that goes for both man and women

--- End quote ---
I constantly comb thrift stores for wool sweaters/jackets. I can usually find at least one per trip to the Goodwill stores around here. Most of them are in great condition and under $10. Men's are a bit harder to find, but my boyfriend has found a couple.

Kate Change:
I love carhartts, sometimes the mens are cheaper and they'll fit all but the smallest women.  (I'm a size 6 and can wear the 28s or 30s comfortably).  I think if you were below a size 4, you might be out of luck on the men's sizing.  I haven't owned a pair of womens (since I've always had the men's on sale) so I can't say if the fit is more comfortable, but I'm not usually making a fashion statement in the carhartts and I've never had any complaints.  Either way, they've been the most durable pants I've owned, so I'll second that recommendation.

AvenueQ:

--- Quote from: Kate Change on October 09, 2013, 01:52:42 PM ---I love carhartts, sometimes the mens are cheaper and they'll fit all but the smallest women.  (I'm a size 6 and can wear the 28s or 30s comfortably).  I think if you were below a size 4, you might be out of luck on the men's sizing.  I haven't owned a pair of womens (since I've always had the men's on sale) so I can't say if the fit is more comfortable, but I'm not usually making a fashion statement in the carhartts and I've never had any complaints.  Either way, they've been the most durable pants I've owned, so I'll second that recommendation.

--- End quote ---
Yep, I'm one of those smallest (I wear a 4x32 in those pants I posted). I've tried on the men's before but they really look comical on me, and would be a hindrance to doing anything useful. It sucks because then I have to fork over the extra money for less fabric  >:(

I can however, wear men's shoe size 7, so I sometimes find good deals that way for hiking boots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version