Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Overlooked Preps for Ladies

<< < (4/8) > >>

Varginna:

--- Quote from: Morning Sunshine on October 04, 2013, 06:01:33 AM ---I make my own lotion, except my face lotion.... I have a favorite and it is expensive but since I use a dab about the size of a rolled oat, it lasts a long time.  But I do keep 1-2 bottles in storage waiting.
the problem with stocking up too much on a good quality lotion is that it is a fat-based product, and as such, can and will go rancid after too long.

--- End quote ---
that's why me and my husband will try to learn to make most of it from scratch. Maby we wont make it from scratch all the time but if we learn we might be able to do it in more problematic times. (for example you're sopposed to be able to make resin ointment out of butter instead of oil)

Cedar:

--- Quote from: Morning Sunshine on October 04, 2013, 06:01:33 AM ---I make my own lotion, except my face lotion.... I have a favorite and it is expensive but since I use a dab about the size of a rolled oat, it lasts a long time.  But I do keep 1-2 bottles in storage waiting.
the problem with stocking up too much on a good quality lotion is that it is a fat-based product, and as such, can and will go rancid after too long.

--- End quote ---

Often I make my own too. With those and the good quality ones (Z buys me time to time as he knows I like it), I keep them in the refrigerator and they last a long long time. I use a clean spoon and only refill a 2 oz container at a time.

Cedar

Varginna:

--- Quote from: Cedar on October 04, 2013, 07:31:18 AM ---Often I make my own too. With those and the good quality ones (Z buys me time to time as he knows I like it), I keep them in the refrigerator and they last a long long time. I use a clean spoon and only refill a 2 oz container at a time.

Cedar

--- End quote ---
Do you use preservatives? the women holding the course use them but she also recommended that we all should experiment at home later.

Cedar:
If anything just Vit E.. but rarely.

Cedar

Jerry D Young:
Feminine needs for long term disasters

Go-Girl/Lady J female urine diverter

Hygiene needs: Packaged/reusable sanitary napkins/Diva Cup/natural sponges/cleansing wipes/etc.

UTI products: Pyridium/powdered cranberry juice or pills/apple cider vinegar

Advil/Midol/Pamprin/Ibuprofen/acetaminophen

4x toilet paper

Privacy means (curtains/enclosures/screens/etc.)/personal space/personal closet or dresser

Sweats/loose clothing, large robes, large towels, various sizes plain underwear, sports bras

Pregnancy prevention supplies

Baby care supplies

Expedient shower methods: sun shower bags/MSR bag shower/pressure sprayer/campers propane shower

Body care products: razors/deodorant/hand lotion/face lotion/body lotion

Facial products: baby wipes (no fragrance/hypo-allergenic/for sensitive skin)/Pre-moistened facial cleansers

Hair care products: Non-lathering soap/shampoo/dry shampoo/baby powder/bentonite clay/brushes/combs/tie backs/bandannas/baseball caps, etc.

Lip care products: Chapstick, Lip balm, etc.

Nail care products: nail files/emery boards/etc.

Multiple hot water bottles

Any medical necessities for allergies, prescriptions, etc.

Comfort items: Additional coffee/Chocolate in several forms/salty snacks/soothing teas (chamomile, lavender, peppermint, etc.)

Anti-boredom materials: knitting/crochet/sewing/novels/movies/story teller/sketching tools

Strong lights and reading glasses

Everything set up for easy cleaning/rubber gloves/aprons/

Just my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version