Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

Document Package Phone Numbers

<< < (4/14) > >>

doublehelix:
7 digit emergency and non-emergency numbers for your local police, fire and ems.

9-1-1 doesn't always work in and after a disaster.

crnaman:
A lot of things are done on-line and the number and complexity of user id's and passwords can be daunting to remember for 10 or 20 sites.  I would suggest having the account numbers, user id and passwords for these sites available with a simple code (ie. add two digits or letters to each number or letter written down).  For example: my credit union requires an access number, user id, and a password, and an telephone password.  My credit card/ insurance company requires User ID, Password, and online password.  Right there that's 7 vital bits of information not including the specific credit card or bank account numbers.  If you are hurt and you are the one who does the banking in the family, this information could be very important to help your wife do the necessary business of the family.  And all she needs is how to work the simple code. 

DBI:
I use an ammo can to keep deeds, birth certificates, ss numbers, auto titles, phone numbers, Wills, a small compact survival guide, and compact (laminated) maps. All of these are in labeled legal size envelopes which fit perfectly in the ammo can. Grab and go for the most necessary documents. Multiple ammo cans can be stacked neatly in the trunk of your car or strapped to a 4-wheeler.

idelphic:
I still wonder about writing a 'custom' PIM - Personal Information Manager that would handle all of the document needs..  One that would allow ease of printing a open (no OpSec) document book.  Some sort of database, but stand alone and easy to use.  I've looked at trying to mold Excel and Access,.. but both require either MS Office or Open Office to use. Something more portable and would fit on a thumb drive.

--- Quote from: DBI on July 06, 2011, 08:43:30 AM ---I use an ammo can to keep deeds, birth certificates, ss numbers, auto titles, phone numbers, Wills, a small compact survival guide, and compact (laminated) maps. All of these are in labeled legal size envelopes which fit perfectly in the ammo can. Grab and go for the most necessary documents. Multiple ammo cans can be stacked neatly in the trunk of your car or strapped to a 4-wheeler.

--- End quote ---

Ammo cans are great...but I can see a minor issue with them.  Some documents might be in a binder,.. difficult to get the binder into the can unless you have a larger can.  NTM - A ammo can screams 'Steal me'.  I would think some sort of document bag would be easier - not to mention softer to 'toss' into the car when you have to roll.

To each his own,..  I've got a firesafe that only has paper in it,..  how easy is that to grab,..

pawonfire:
To make your documents more portable on a thumb drive, look at portableapps.com.  You can install a version of open office on your thumb drive, and then open your documents on any windows machine.  You don't need to be an administrator, or install anything, so it works great at someone else's house or a library.  It is a bit slower that a normally installed version, a downside for daily use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version