Author Topic: Augason Farms Hearty Vegetable Chicken Flavored Soup Mix  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
Augason Farms Hearty Vegetable Chicken Flavored Soup Mix
« on: April 07, 2018, 03:22:08 AM »
Augason Farms Hearty Vegetable Chicken Flavored Soup Mix

First let me say that I list brand names of what I test to specify what I test as I get,nor ask,nothing for my sampling of products....they just are what I have to test.

I start by opening the #10 can of mix and I add ONE CUP of product to TWO CUPS OF BOILING WATER and pull it far enough from the fire to let it stand about 15 minutes,then bring to a boil again and let it again sit ...about 30 minutes are needed to soften the vegetables and I don't care to have to tend fire or waste fuel and this method works well with most freeze dried meals for me. The bullion flavored soup is good with its rice and pasta content high enough for good calorie content. The flavor was OK...as good as most canned soups and maybe a bit better.

Once it cooled a bit even dog consumed some ,though felt abused as she found no chicken.

Prep time can be a hassle though the low fuel method I use works out great and if I used a thermos container I would just need to boil water once and let it sit for 30 minutes to complete a good meal. Survival type meals must be made to be eaten in the dark and when hungry as they don't present interesting looking or tasting food...just food to keep one alive.

Canned peaches in heavy syrup for desert...yumm.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
Re: Augason Farms Hearty Vegetable Chicken Flavored Soup Mix
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 09:45:58 AM »
Thanks Carl. I have some of this (the flavored like yours)
Plus I have the soup mix. Yes they have 2 almost identical products there in the chicken soup mixes.
I had been ordering the chicken soup mix, when I mistakenly ordered a chicken flavored soup mix.

I haven't opened either one, and will be ordering more later on.

Oh, and there's a different weight between those 2 cans. The flavored can weighs less.