Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

Coronavirus COVID-19 (a.k.a. 2019-nCoV) outbreak in China

<< < (279/279)

ChEng:
Unfortunately, Pittsburgh has it's own secret police. The city has hired a couple hundred spies who go to different businesses. If they see any customers without masks, they report back to the city who can pull their license, and shut them down.

Our (liberal) city government even deems itself above federal law; they do not care about the ADA exemption, which says that you cannot force someone who has a health issue to wear a mask. All they need is for some person in the store to be seen without a mask (they don't even ask about that person's health) and they can shut down the business.

iam4liberty:

--- Quote from: ChEng on October 18, 2020, 04:15:38 AM ---Unfortunately, Pittsburgh has it's own secret police. The city has hired a couple hundred spies who go to different businesses. If they see any customers without masks, they report back to the city who can pull their license, and shut them down.
--- End quote ---

It's funny you say that.  I was talking to a LEO at the range yesterday and his perspective was that the defund the police movement was not to eliminate police but to replace them with secret police who are not beholden to the police oath and do not follow due process.  Yanking licenses in this way definitely violates due process and is unconstitutional. 

surfivor:

--- Quote from: iam4liberty on October 18, 2020, 07:30:59 AM ---It's funny you say that.  I was talking to a LEO at the range yesterday and his perspective was that the defund the police movement was not to eliminate police but to replace them with secret police who are not beholden to the police oath and do not follow due process.  Yanking licenses in this way definitely violates due process and is unconstitutional.

--- End quote ---

That's messed up but makes sense. You should post any articles on that if you have some. I had not heard of that but I like to have stuff to counter the masks are no big deal narrative

iam4liberty:
One down, two treatments to go.

[url]https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/22/business/gileads-virus-therapy-remdesivir-gains-approval-fda/[url]
FDA approves first COVID-19 drug: the antiviral remdesivir

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version