Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The Airgun Board

Does anyone have a Crosman?

<< < (2/8) > >>

RonH2K:
Crossman has been around for what seems like 760 years!  They have stuff that runs the gamut of quality and effectiveness.  As a teenager, I put one of their Model 870 BB/Pellet guns through more abuse than I did my USGOV Issue M16!  It was a champ.

I have one now that I've had for a few years.  I throw it around like it's a stick and have killed eight (8) squirrels with it in the last two (2) months.  Anchored seven (7) of 'em with it!  The last crawled 10'.

Anyway, keep in mind that they make a variety for every price-point and that, with Crossman, you will definitely get what you pay for.

kimrpeterson:
Crosman owns both Benjamin and Sheridan, so the quality of the new guns produced will be similar.  In the 50s and 60s the Crosman and Benjamin were both blued steel and hard wood stocks.  In the 70s Crosman started building several plastic guns that had a lot of features, but most of them were still....plastic.  The Crosman CR22XX series of pistol is extremely popular among tuners because it's modular and easy to modify.  Now Crosman sells the Benjamin Discovery and Benjamin Maurader, which are entry level PCPs.  They are much more powerful than any previous Crosman, Benjamin or Sheridan, and offer many of the features previously only found on high end Europeon or the less expense Korean PCPs.  For more info on airguns, you can go to yellowforum.com. 

TimSuggs:

--- Quote from: Juggernaut on July 08, 2009, 11:08:18 AM ---thanks for your comment CountryBoy! I really want a nice pellet gun, but can't decide between the Benjamin or Crosman.

--- End quote ---

Hi Juggernaut!  I have shot a lot of Crossman air rifles and air pistols, and it may have just been the price point we were buying at, but they were all pretty much toys and my boys would have them broke in about a month.  I own a Benjamin Silver Streak in .177 and trust me, it is not a toy.  Quality that you'll be able to pass down to your grandkids!  I simply can not say enough good about the Benjamins.

http://www.airgundepot.com/c9.html

Tim.

The Infidel:
You should check into a 2300s , amazingly accurate. You can purchase a removable buttstock for hunting small game if desired.

TimSuggs:

--- Quote from: The Infidel on January 16, 2010, 07:56:48 PM ---You should check into a 2300s , amazingly accurate. You can purchase a removable buttstock for hunting small game if desired.

--- End quote ---

How do they stack up as far as reliability goes?  Field repairable? 

Tim.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version