Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > The Homebrewer's Board

Talking Whisk(e)y

<< < (11/13) > >>

David in MN:
OK so I broke sober October with one I've been waanting to try... Highland Park Dark Origins. It's well, not my favorite. Not bad by any stretch but it screams sherry with massive cocoa and coffee. They aren't lying; it's dark. If that's your thing you might like it provided the $70 bottle is in your range. For the pricetag I could have bought nearly 2 bottles of the beloved Ardbeg.

That said, it is a weird dram. If I was to make a list of the top 10 most bizarre Scotches I've had it would  be near the top.

kid_couteau:
40 Creek Canadian whiskey here.

surfivor:
 I am 2x removed from whisky ..

I don't drink generally BUT .. I like songs about whisky EXCEPT .. I don't like the words but mainly the guitar but I realize a band needs a singer .. Take whisky rockn roller by skynyrd for instance ..

That being said, Ronnie Van Zant, the singer for Skynryd was my favorite singer, it's just that I like the more the words of other songs he wrote or his general personality.

Life is full of contradictions but I guess people drink to be happy. I want the same thing but different approach

fritz_monroe:
I'm not a huge scotch fan.  But a friend really recommended Grangestone Bourbon Cask Finish Single Malt Scotch.  I think it's a Total Wine product, but not sure.  I also wasn't a big bourbon fan.  I grabbed a bottle and didn't really like it.

Fast forward a year and I've grown to like bourbon.  I tried that scotch again.  Still not a fan.  hehe

Smurf Hunter:
I impulse bought this at the super market.  Was nearly 50% off and I noticed only 2 bottles left on the shelf.

It has a scotch like taste, but goes down like a bourbon.  I generally like bourbon, and I'd I had to sip something neat, that's what I'd chooae.

This is a strange crossover, but I'm glad I picked it up.

https://www.shopwinedirect.com/crater-lake-reserve-rye-whiskey-750ml.html?vfsku=bour414&vfsku=bour414&gpla=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjw6-_eBRBXEiwA-5zHaWqhnwWCnPB8BOXcgEjNgfhQIbd_0DFT4hGpSexoiKqWHrmPj2P6uhoCdv0QAvD_BwE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version