Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > The Homebrewer's Board

Talking Whisk(e)y

<< < (3/13) > >>

Mintbird:

--- Quote from: mountainmoma on September 14, 2017, 12:53:36 PM --- ok, I was wrong, the one they all realy like is Bulleit Rye. They like
Makers' Mark, but usually now finds too sweet.

Blanton's Bourbon is also liked, but nothing as much as the Bulleit Rye.

Some around here realy like the Venus Gin #1, dont know if you can get it out of state

--- End quote ---

I used to drink Makers Mark and Blanton's but my brother brought me some Bulleit Rye and I'll never go back.  :happydance:

Chemsoldier:
I am a Bushmills fan.  I tend to like the Irish to the Scotch.

I do like the Gin also, Martinis in particular. I really can't tell a difference between shaken and stirred and I do prefer it with vermouth.

fritz_monroe:

--- Quote from: mountainmoma on September 14, 2017, 12:53:36 PM --- ok, I was wrong, the one they all realy like is Bulleit Rye. They like
Makers' Mark, but usually now finds too sweet.

--- End quote ---
I like Makers.  It's a wheated whisky, so there's not a much bite as other bourbons have. 

David in MN:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on September 14, 2017, 04:56:43 PM ---I like Makers.  It's a wheated whisky, so there's not a much bite as other bourbons have.

--- End quote ---

I like Maker's and I actually don't prefer a wheat whiskey. But they did a marvelous job both on the grain bill and the aging.

I've not had Bulleit Rye. I'll keep that one in mind. I like Bulleit plenty so hearing that the rye is good comes as no surprise. Rye has had an amazing resurgence. I used to drink Jim Beam Rye with grapefruit juice (an unexpected but great combination).

A warning... Never, never buy Costco's Kirkland Bourbon. Horrible. Alcohol burn and bitter wood. Yuck.

AvenueQ:
We're Stranahan's people in our house, though that's because we're lucky and they're local. They just got bought out this year by a bigger distillery, and while it's nice that this means they can expand beyond Colorado, we're a little nervous as to what that will do to the brand long-term. If you happen to find some you should give it a try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version