Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The Airgun Board

I'm rethinking blow guns

(1/4) > >>

caverdude:
After reading an article in Backwoodsman Magazine I'm rethinking the possibilities with blow guns. According to the article native Americans hunted with 11 foot blow guns, that used 12 inch darts. They used no poisons when hunting, only in warfare. They were able to achieve 300fps and able to kill game at up to 60 feet away.

The darts were made from bamboo (river cane) and had animal hair for fletching. In many cases with long darts like this the animal was unable to flee properly or in case of birds unable to fly.

nelson96:
As a solo prep you might starve before you mastered it, you might starve after you mastered it.  ;)

markl32:

Blowguns? 

Either you are 14 and reading the back of SOF magazine or you have mastered all other areas of prepping and are now looking for a nostalgic challenge... 

Maybe next April 1st I will write and submit an article looking at the benefits of the Atlatl for CQB and see who bites. 

;D

Scottman:
I've never had good luck with them to be honest.... go out and try them. I'd rather have other goodies for the bulk and weight.

caverdude:

--- Quote from: markl32 on April 02, 2013, 09:52:15 AM ---
Blowguns? 

Either you are 14 and reading the back of SOF magazine or you have mastered all other areas of prepping and are now looking for a nostalgic challenge... 

Maybe next April 1st I will write and submit an article looking at the benefits of the Atlatl for CQB and see who bites. 

;D

--- End quote ---

I'm 43 reading Backwoodsman Mag, SOF?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version