Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Advice For Beginners

AR parts question

<< < (2/3) > >>

TooMuchGlass:
Whew, that's quite the list of upgrades there Nelson!

I'm kicking myself because I saw an upper on the PSA website today for only $200! I'd only need a $90 BCG and CH and a $109 lower and I'd be in business.

Anybody know of a another place I can get an upper that cheap?

skas:

--- Quote from: TooMuchGlass on December 25, 2013, 08:03:14 PM ---Under 500 would be outstanding. Where does a guy find an upper for $350? The cheapest lowers I've found are $400.

--- End quote ---

Build your own, or keep an eye on Palmetto State Armory (PSA) for screaming deals.  Watch them on whatever the next major holiday is and you may have good luck.

nelson96:

--- Quote from: TooMuchGlass on December 30, 2013, 05:10:32 PM ---Whew, that's quite the list of upgrades there Nelson!
--- End quote ---

It's a lot of fun.  I love the ACOG.

hackmeister:

--- Quote from: nelson96 on December 30, 2013, 09:32:03 PM ---It's a lot of fun.  I love the ACOG.

--- End quote ---

I'm waiting for my barrel to come in to finish my build. I picked up a $99 tru-glo for now but down the road (in about a year or so) I'd like to get fancy optics. Maybe Trijicon or EoTech? Something that's self illuminated.

jhull87:

--- Quote from: hackmeister on December 31, 2013, 06:46:22 AM ---I'm waiting for my barrel to come in to finish my build. I picked up a $99 tru-glo for now but down the road (in about a year or so) I'd like to get fancy optics. Maybe Trijicon or EoTech? Something that's self illuminated.

--- End quote ---

Depends on what ranges you want to be shooting. In the military we had the Trijicon ACOGs and they're incredible pieces of equipment. With the built in bullet drop compensator you can accuratly hit man sized tagets at over 500 yards with practice. Personally, I'm never going to shoot anything that far being in the eastern woods since the brush is so thick. I use mine for feral hogs and plinking so I went with the EoTech and LOVE it. I've never shot one with the 3x magnifier on it, but guys I've talked to say they work good, however don't have the bullet drop compensator built into them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version