Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Transportation

M109A3 - My soon to be new and improved BOV

<< < (129/130) > >>

JerseyVince:
Just a heads up, There's a seller with OEM NOS M35 E-Brake shoes(no backings just material) drilled and with rivets for $20 + 12 shipping

part number 12301474

231354437187 item number

IronTeaCup:
I have always thought one of these are so cool!!! I would love one but how much life do they really have left? also what are the other functions you can stack into something like this? Maybe a tow rig for off road only vehicles? a boat? I dont know just trying to see whats might be a good use of my money when time comes and I am able to spend some on something cool like this.

cmxterra:

--- Quote from: IronTeaCup on November 11, 2014, 09:58:51 PM ---I have always thought one of these are so cool!!! I would love one but how much life do they really have left? also what are the other functions you can stack into something like this? Maybe a tow rig for off road only vehicles? a boat? I dont know just trying to see whats might be a good use of my money when time comes and I am able to spend some on something cool like this.

--- End quote ---

Life left? It only had 12k miles on it when I got it. Motor is not even fully broken in at 12,000 miles. So plenty of life. Towing is not a problem. It just does not get there fast.

IronTeaCup:

--- Quote from: cmxterra on November 11, 2014, 10:46:54 PM ---Life left? It only had 12k miles on it when I got it. Motor is not even fully broken in at 12,000 miles. So plenty of life. Towing is not a problem. It just does not get there fast.

--- End quote ---

good to know all that! yea I am not to worried about getting one then so long as I can buy it in cash

bdhutier:
Most of the vehicles you're getting from DRMS nowadays are the remnants from reserve/NG units, and stock rotation from PREPO and national stockpile.  The vast majority of these guys were run long enough to make sure they function, used for a little skills training, and a hundred mile or so jaunt to and back from a 3-day off site drill somewhere once a year.  Other than weather degradation, they're practically brand new.

I just wish I had the spare money to scoop up an old 939 wrecker, and a 1009!!  Won't be long before they're all dried up...  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version