Community & Regional Connections > Region Two

Should there be stricter gun laws in PA? Your thoughts.

(1/1)

Q_Dog:
Should there be stricter gun laws in PA? Well lets see. Felons are not suppose to own firearms. They get them anyway. So who does this hurt? The citizens who need to protect themselves from the criminals.

I know many here on the forum believe in gun rights, but how about gun "control". I was just wondering what others thought. Specifically from PA where Mayor Nutter, from Philly, says that Pennsylvania's gun laws are not strict enough. In my opinion, Nutter is a Jerk of%.

It is a tragedy that the police in Philly are getting shot left and right. That does not give anyone the right to take my rights to own guns away. I need my gun to protect myself from the same criminals that are shooting at police. Felons are not allowed to own guns. Do you think they care? They will get them from anywhere they can, legally or not. What about me? I'm no criminal.

If more responsible citizens owned firearms, maybe there would be more criminals afraid.

I'm just ranting, but I would like your thoughts.

chris:

--- Quote from: Q_Dog on February 15, 2009, 10:09:25 PM ---Should there be stricter gun laws in PA? Well lets see. Felons are not suppose to own firearms.
--- End quote ---

The "right" to self defense is NOT a right granted by the Constitution. It's a human right.To deny a former inmate the "right" all humans have is absurd. It's simply a way for the Federal Govt to marginalize people. All humans have the right to self defense.

19kilo:
I know you were asking a retoracle question just to rant.

Of course there should be less restrictions placed on firearms.  It has been proven that the more restrictive the laws the higher the violent crime.

+1 Chris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version