Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Lady's belt for tools

<< < (2/2)

AvenueQ:

--- Quote from: nkawtg on November 21, 2016, 10:53:50 AM ---I'm no lady  ;D but maybe suspenders is the solution.

--- End quote ---

YES! I LOVE suspenders! But finding some for petite women that are actually functional and not a fashion accessory is a chore in and of itself (try your local army surplus store, that's where I wound up finding some. They're not perfect, but they worked).

--- Quote from: David in MN on November 21, 2016, 10:52:51 AM ---If you're really carrying around tools, consider buying a real toolbelt.

--- End quote ---

I looked in to this, but found none that would fit properly (see above, petite woman). It sounds silly, but getting one that fits properly is so important. If it's cumbersome and bulky and constantly getting in the way, then it's more trouble than it's worth to have it.

--- Quote from: Carl on November 21, 2016, 01:35:18 PM ---A work apron (men wear them too) or carpenters apron

--- End quote ---

This is what wound up working for me when I was working in a woodshop. I got lucky and inherited one from another petite female co-worker (yes, we exist!). Everything was right where I needed it to be when I needed it, and I didn't feel weighted down at all. Don't be afraid to take some time and be extra picky about what you like. Ultimately, if it's not comfortable and convenient for you, then you won't use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version