Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Cut Your Own Hair?

(1/6) > >>

redbelliedhound:
Any of you ladies cut your own hair? 
It seems like the prices consistently rise for a haircut and I cringe at the idea of spending $50.  The last one I purchased was at a beauty school from a girl I know.  The cut cost $8 and I tipped her $22 since I was already getting a super cheap cut and because I wanted to contribute to her success.  She also spent almost two hours on my hair...so it seemed reasonable. 
I tried to cut my own hair this morning.  (I have an aline style.)  So far it's looking pretty bad, but if it saves me $200-$600 a year it seems worth it to learn.  Appearance is pretty important at my current job, so hopefully I don't muck it up too bad. 

Carl:

--- Quote from: redbelliedhound on November 24, 2014, 10:52:07 AM ---Any of you ladies cut your own hair? 
It seems like the prices consistently rise for a haircut and I cringe at the idea of spending $50.  The last one I purchased was at a beauty school from a girl I know.  The cut cost $8 and I tipped her $22 since I was already getting a super cheap cut and because I wanted to contribute to her success.  She also spent almost two hours on my hair...so it seemed reasonable. 
I tried to cut my own hair this morning.  (I have an aline style.)  So far it's looking pretty bad, but if it saves me $200-$600 a year it seems worth it to learn.  Appearance is pretty important at my current job, so hopefully I don't muck it up too bad.

--- End quote ---

I'm NOT a lady...but a big manly man. I use a barber set (electric) and a mirror to do my own hair because I just don't get out and also don't have the mony to buy a happy meal,let alone a hair cut.

Cedar:
I used to all the time, but then again I never saw anyone I needed to impress. Scissors out of the glovebox and cut in the rear view mirror at the fairgrounds, only as I could not see to drive was the last time I cut my hair, which was in July?

But... I now go to a haircutters school. It costs $7 to have my hair washed, cut and styled. $5 on certain days of the week. They do a professional job, and have teachers supervising them. At this school they do everything from hairstyling, colouring, beards, men, children, makeup, pedicures, manicures.. at too reasonable of prices.

Cedar - who is not cutting her own hair anymore.

David in MN:
Another guy... sorry. I have cut my hair for years but...

I have cut my wife's hair in the past. She would ask me to trim it straight to save between trips to the salon. Tell any guy who worked construction to take 1/2" off and make sure it's level...

These days she's gotten very savvy with groupon and crowdcut offers from salons around the area. I know for her a haircut isn't really about a haircut. It's the feeling of being taken care of. The ability to relax. The serenity I get from gardening or running a bandsaw she gets from a shampoo and cut. Sometimes with the bargains available a little "me time" is good.

Oil Lady:
last time i did so i was 8 years old. never again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version