Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Every Day Carry (EDC) Gear

Let's talk about belts

<< < (2/4) > >>

The Professor:
I was going to suggest Milt Sparks' belts, but I just found out they're over $100, now.

I have two that were worn for over ten years, each worn every other day or so.  Still have them. . .sadly. . .they shrunk significantly over time.  Don't understand that, they still LOOK the same size as when I bought them.

The Professor

fritz_monroe:

--- Quote from: The Professor on August 31, 2018, 07:32:10 PM ---Still have them. . .sadly. . .they shrunk significantly over time.

--- End quote ---
Now that's funny.

As for the belt, I just can't bring myself to go over $100 for a belt.  I'm really leaning towards the Bull Hide Belts.

The Professor:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on August 31, 2018, 07:39:33 PM ---Now that's funny.

As for the belt, I just can't bring myself to go over $100 for a belt.  I'm really leaning towards the Bull Hide Belts.

--- End quote ---

I know. . .I was a bit surprised that the price went up $24 to $123.

However, that having been said, I use Milt Sparks leather almost exclusively.  My daily belt carry is a USP45 Expert in a 55BN holster, a dual Magazine Carrier and a Flashlight carrier on a double-thickness belt.  I have worn that combination (in a varying, and sadly growing, number of sizes) in almost every type of environment in the world.  From Desert to Jungle to Alpine, Woodland, Office, etc., their leather has been with me for over 30 years.  In fact, my wife bought the above-mentioned pistol for me on our 10th Anniversary.   I had to send it in to Milt Sparks to have a holster custom-made because there were (are?) no forms to mold the leather over.  I have two of each color (Brown, black and oxblood) that I've worn since then.  All still look great and are serviceable.

I'll go out on a limb and say that, as long as you CAN wear them, I don't think they'll ever go bad.  I have had to retouch the edges with dye a couple of times over the past 20 years, but the belts, themselves, are still handsome.  No stitching problems, no "hardware" problems.

But, that's just an opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it!

The Professor

Hurricane:
 :popcorn:

fritz_monroe:

--- Quote from: The Professor on September 01, 2018, 09:38:58 AM ---However, that having been said, I use Milt Sparks leather almost exclusively.  My daily belt carry is a USP45 Expert in a 55BN holster, a dual Magazine Carrier and a Flashlight carrier on a double-thickness belt.
--- End quote ---

I'm in MD, so there's little chance of me needing a carry belt, at least until after retirement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version