News > General News

effects of the protest/riots/anti police rhetoric

<< < (18/19) > >>

iam4liberty:
More experienced African American police officers resign.  This time the entire chain of command in Rochester left.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/daniel-prude-death-rochester-police-chief-laron-singletary-retires/#app
Rochester police chief resigns after Daniel Prude's death sparks days of protests

The police chief in Rochester, New York, announced his retirement Tuesday
Singletary issued a statement saying he was retiring because he would not "sit idly by while outside entities attempt to destroy my character. The events over the past week are an attempt to destroy my character and integrity."

"The mischaracterization and the politicization of the actions that I took after being informed of Mr. Prude's death is not based on facts, and is not what I stand for," he added.

iam4liberty:
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/austin-texas-defund-police-billboard-i-35/
Texas police group puts up billboard warning "enter at your own risk," saying Austin defunded police

iam4liberty:
What absolute clowns.   :facepalm:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minneapolis-city-council-alarmed-by-surge-in-crime-months-after-voting-to-defund-the-police.amp
Minneapolis City Council alarmed by surge in crime months after voting to defund the police
Minneapolis Police Department’s crime data shows a rise in assaults, robberies and homicides

Minneapolis City Council members, who just two months ago moved to eliminate the police department, sounded the alarm during a Wednesday meeting about a surge in crime seen by their constituents.

Council members pressed police Chief Medaria Arradondo about the uptick in crimes that included daylight carjackings, robberies, assaults, shootings and street racing.

“Residents are asking, ‘Where are the police?’” said Council Member Jamal Osman, noting that constituents' calls to the Minneapolis Police Department have gone unanswered. "That is the only public safety option they have at the moment. MPD. They rely on MPD. And they are saying they are nowhere to be seen.”
Arradondo said about 100 officers have left the department or have taken a leave of absence since the start of the year, which is more than double the typical number of officers who either step down from the department or are inactive that year, MPR reported.

In July, the council took several steps toward dismantling the city's police department, including approving an amendment to remove $1 million from the police department and reallocate it toward the health department to hire "violence interrupters" who are intended to defuse potentially violent situations.

fritz_monroe:
Wait, you mean that the police may be useful for something?

But don't worry, the city council is at little risk of violence.  The police that are left, I'm sure are guarding the  areas that the council members live in.

iam4liberty:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on September 17, 2020, 04:49:47 PM ---Wait, you mean that the police may be useful for something?

But don't worry, the city council is at little risk of violence.  The police that are left, I'm sure are guarding the  areas that the council members live in.

--- End quote ---

Until when one of them is a trojan antifa terrorist and uses the position to bypass security. They better wake up because just like the French revolution, they are second on the list for a close haircut.

https://www.chron.com/local/seattlenews/article/judge-hears-arguments-in-sawant-recall-petition-15571964.php
Judge rules recall petition against Seattle City Councilmember Kshama Sawant can move forward

King County Superior Judge Jim Rogers ruled Wednesday afternoon that a recall effort against Seattle City Councilmember Kshama Sawant can move forward.
The recall charge, filed by petitioner Ernest Lou, alleged Sawant had "used her position in violation of the law or has recklessly undermined the safety of others"
(1) Delegated city employment decisions to a political organization outside city government.

(2) Used city resources to support a ballot initiative and failed to comply with public disclosure requirements related such support.

(3) Disregarded state orders related to COVID-19 and endangered the safety of city workers and other individuals by admitting hundreds of people into city hall on June 9, 2020, when it was closed to the public.

(4) Used her official position to encourage attendees at a June 28, 2020 rally to illegally occupy the Seattle Police Department East Precinct when the city was trying to de-escalate violence in the area.

(5) Led a protest march to Mayor Jenny Durkan’s private residence, the location of which Sawant knows is protected under state confidentiality laws.

(6) Encouraged protestors to occupy the Seattle Police Department East Precinct and helped create the Capitol Hill Occupation Protest (CHOP) Zone which turned into a violent criminal environment that negatively impacted local businesses and residents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version