Author Topic: F.I.F.O. Canned Food Storage  (Read 6147 times)

Offline DIM TIM

• Survivor
F.I.F.O. Canned Food Storage
« on: January 24, 2009, 12:12:35 AM »
Lots of folks have posted some pretty good F.I.F.O. ( First In First Out ) can storage rack systems, but this is the best one For a D.I.Y. project that I have seen so far.

http://mormonfoodstorage.blogspot.com/2008/09/pantry-paragon-or-how-to-make-your-own.html

If you click on the link below the small plan picture, (labeled -  here ) it will take you to the PDF file for the plan.

I am going to try this, because I have access to all theheavy duty cardboard I could ever want for these where I work  ;D

Offline firetoad

• Guardian of The Gateway
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
Re: F.I.F.O. Canned Food Storage
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 07:27:07 AM »
Great post/find DT!  +1 from me!

Offline simpleguy

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 08:05:29 PM »
Funny thing, I just posted this one on the "half can rack idea" thread.

Offline Jack Crabb

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:37:56 PM »
We use F.I.S.H. (first in, still here). 

Offline DIM TIM

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 11:32:02 PM »
Funny thing, I just posted this one on the "half can rack idea" thread.
Yep, its a cool site for sure. Back when I first posted this thread two weeks ago, I was looking at a bunch of wood racks that did this, and knew that they would cost a fair chunk of change to make. When I found the link over at SurvivalBlog that evening, I knew that these would be much less of a hit to my walet, and had to spred the love, so I came here and passed it along.
I can see a few of these in the future storage here for sure. I like lawyerman's idea of using the plastic pipes as well.
As in the picture of their pantry shelves shows, a few different types of storage arranged and organized neatly can go a long way to making the best use of available space for storage of food items for your preparedness plans.

If you can't find what you want on your shelves, because something larger blocks your view, than expiration dates can come ang go before we know it, and with the price of things going up like crazy, it has more of a sting when someting HAS TO BE thrown out, because of bad or no F.I.F.O. planning.
I have just thought of another F.I.F.O type of plan for the D.I.Y. board. This is one that I thought of back in the 80's. A sort of Extreme version of F.I.F.O. storage for preparedness. Hope you will all check it out, because someone out there might be able to use the information to help make things better for them and their loved ones.
This is why we are here.......to help each other out by telling what we know, and asking questions about what we don't, in the hopes that someone out there will know the answer that we are looking for, and will pass it on to us as well.   ;D