Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Do It Yourself - Projects, Ideas and How To

Chainsaw mount for garden tractor

(1/1)

fritz_monroe:
I have a ton of work to do on the property.  My property isn't huge, just 2.5 acres, but it's long.  Since I don't have a utility vehicle, golf cart or compact utility tractor, I try to make my garden tractor more utilitarian.

Have a tool caddy that carries long handled tools that hooks into the hitch receiver.  What I really need is a way to carry my chainsaw with me.  I've been looking at what's already available and I'm  not willing to pay $100+ for the mounts that are available.  Anyone come across DIY plans for making your own chainsaw mount?  Any ideas?

Phantom:
I have not built one yet or purchased one for my tractor but I like this design https://amzn.to/34a3uZI its the Kolpin Universal Saw Press.

You could get two long bolts and three flat metal plates a few nuts. Find the location you want to mount it to measure and drill out the metal plates that would be slightly wider that where you are mounting it to.

Then mount it.
Plate> tractor> Plate> nut (locking)> plate> and final nut

The saw would go between the locking nuts you could use two if you need more space.
If you need to be able to adjust the tension where the bar slides you could use wing nuts and add acorn nuts on the end of the thread so they do not fall off and to save your arms when you run into the bolt. Also if you have any old accessory belts you can use that as a rubber spacer between the plates for the bar. That will give it some cushion and keep it from being over tightened.

I hope any of the above made sense, good luck and if you build one post pictures.

Last thought you could build a scabbard from wood or find a plastic one and bolt/metal strap it to the ROPS or FEL.

Stwood:
Find 2 old milk crates and bolt together, then attach on rear. Cut a slot out for the bar to poke through if it's too long.
Room for gas and oil can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version