Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Home And Business Security

Don't forget the floor

<< < (2/2)

Caveat:
I have heard of thieves going down through ceilings and even cutting through a home's exterior wall to get to a safe. Once in they can do what they and if it means going under while being undetected all the better their eyes.

jhull87:

--- Quote from: Caveat on November 17, 2014, 10:47:57 PM ---I have heard of thieves going down through ceilings and even cutting through a home's exterior wall to get to a safe. Once in they can do what they and if it means going under while being undetected all the better their eyes.

--- End quote ---

I've heard of the same thing. our local hardware has been broken into several times through the roof. Fortunantly, they have an alarm system. But once inside they could walk around the upstairs with no one being the wiser and take their time.

Going off of that could anyone think of a way to make it harder for a theif to come up through the floor if they had the time to cut a hole with a saws all? It seems like it wouldn't be to hard to cut through some plywood even if there was tile layed on top of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version