Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Do It Yourself - Projects, Ideas and How To

Paracord Projects: Post Them Here

<< < (2/30) > >>

BigDanInTX:
I used one of those watch bracelet instructables to make a carry handle for my Maxpedition Jumbo...
(click for larger images)

DeltaEchoVictor:
I'm a paracord junky.  Here are a few things I've made.

A bracelet with an emergency whistle, a sling, a key chain & a couple of bracelets with regular buckles.  The second pic is a monkey's fist book mark.

That instructables link is a good one, it's the one I used when I first started making the bracelets.  Check out Stormdrane's blog link, lots of cool stuff there.

I made a paracord lanyard for my wife to wear her name tag on also.  She's had a few of the other nurses ask about them, seems like an easy way to make a little extra cash.

djturnz:
What is a Monkey fist for?

BigDanInTX:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey%27s_fist

--- Quote ---A monkey's fist or monkey paw is a type of knot, so named because it looks somewhat like a small bunched fist/paw. It also looks somewhat like a volleyball or an older style football. It is tied at the end of a rope to serve as a weight, making it easier to throw the line, and also as an ornamental knot. This type of weighted rope can be used as an improvised weapon, called a slungshot by sailors. It was also used in the past as an anchor in rock climbing, by stuffing it into a crack, but this is obsolete and dangerous.

The monkey's fist knot is most often used as the weight in a heaving line. The line would have the monkey's fist on one end, an eye splice or bowline on the other, with about 30 feet (~10 meters) of line between. A lightweight feeder line would be tied to the bowline, then the weighted monkey's fist could be hurled between ship and dock (or vice versa). The other end of the lightweight line would be attached to a heaver-weight line, allowing it to be drawn to the target easily.
--- End quote ---

Plus, they just look cool when you do them right.  =-]

tash:

--- Quote ---I made a paracord lanyard for my wife to wear her name tag on also.  She's had a few of the other nurses ask about them, seems like an easy way to make a little extra cash.

--- End quote ---

Like Dev, my name's Tash, I'm also a paracord junky...  ;)

Now that's a great idea. I bet you could find pink and purple paracord if you look hard enough. I work in an area where we all work name badges and a cool looking paracord lanyard would totally fit in. I'm gonna have to make one tonight. Thanks for the idea. +1

I keep my bracelet clipped to my edc. It's a pain to wear while typing all day long. I also have 2 or 3 key fobs and lots of little do-dads.

I also used some paracord lastnight to make my ranger beads. I'll post a pic when I get home. I think it turned out well. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version