Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Homesteading and Self Reliant Living

yurt platform/land pics

<< < (16/19) > >>

surfivor:
 I finally sold my condo and bought a canon digital camera. Here is a mini video tour of my yurt on u-tube.
It was a hot day, so I have all the windows open (screened). I have no electricity there, but recently bought a small battery powered fan that uses 8 D batteries as we have had some bad hot weather:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tFaRvIYsno&feature=youtu.be

Ground nuts on my land up there seem to be spreading and doing well

Cedar:
Do you get mouse issues in the yurt? Looks pretty open-ish. Nice looking property and sharp sounding guitar.

Cedar

surfivor:

--- Quote from: Cedar on July 29, 2013, 09:12:09 AM ---Do you get mouse issues in the yurt? Looks pretty open-ish. Nice looking property and sharp sounding guitar.

Cedar

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'll post some videos of me playing my flying V guitar some time on my u tube. I trapped some mice last year in the fall. I used some poisin, some regular mouse traps and I have a tin cat as well. All of that stuff is set up again for this fall. That was the first time it was ever an issue, the year before it wasn't. After I caught or poisened about 6 mice I didn't see any more through the winter. It had to be dealt with or they would be destroying stuff building nests

chuck_3:
I am always leery of poisons.  Have you tried glue traps?  They are good with mice, but not so much with rats.  They also work well on spiders and other small pests.  They are also cleaner on mice in my experience.  I just leave them flat.  A friend ties his down with a tack or a nail when he uses them since a rat got into one of his one time and he had to find the trap and clean up the stuff the trap, rat and glue had adhered to. 

PalmettoPrepper:
Looks like you did a great job!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version