Community & Regional Connections > Region Three

Middle Tennessee. Where is that?

(1/1)

out west dave:
Hello,

Californian here, hate where I live.  Trying to get info on states to move to, looking to be near TSP'ers.  Middle Tennessee has been noted as having a significant number of folks in this category, but what cities/areas are considered to be middle Tennessee.

Dont worry, not looking to change your area, I want to do all the things there that I can't do here...  :-)

Dave

LvsChant:
With you, Dave. DH and I have bought a small piece of land not far from Nashville -- perhaps for similar reasons. We currently live in a sanctuary State (NM) and are literally being overrun with illegal immigrants. Especially during the Obama administration, when there was not much attempt at really keeping border security (but continuing since there are already so many here), we have noticed a huge demographic shift in our local area in just the past 6 years since we moved here. In fact, you are just as likely to hear Spanish spoken when you are around town as English (which wasn't the case when we first came here) -- our crime rate is through the roof and the education system is failing. Unlike CA, we have relative freedom as far as gun laws and homeschooling, but politically, fiscally, culturally... we just are tired of all the problems here.

We are planning to make a move once we can sell out here... Don't really know whether there are a lot of homesteaders in the area where we have bought land, but we are happy about the relative freedom and lower taxation there. We also like the climate more (I am so sick of the wind, it is not funny). As you state, we aren't looking to change the culture of the TN area... we just want to blend in...

Fixit:
Basically Middle Tennessee is easy of the Tennessee river/Land Between the Lakes and West of the Cumberland Plateau .
Pregnant if you bought very close to Nashville you made a good investment . Prices are jumping as that area adds about 100 people a day. You might want to sell and move a little farther out.

LvsChant:

--- Quote from: Fixit on April 21, 2018, 07:53:47 PM ---Basically Middle Tennessee is easy of the Tennessee river/Land Between the Lakes and West of the Cumberland Plateau .
Pregnant if you bought very close to Nashville you made a good investment . Prices are jumping as that area adds about 100 people a day. You might want to sell and move a little farther out.

--- End quote ---

We are actually a bit farther out... just wanted to give a general location. When we were looking for land to buy, it was absolutely nuts how quickly the land was being snapped up, particularly near where all the auto industry is building up (west/southwest of N'ville). Every time we thought we had a piece of land we wanted to look at, before we could get out there, it sold... Where we ended up buying, the land is selling well -- just not as expensively or as quickly, yet we are still pretty conveniently located to get to the airport and into town on occasion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version